Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Taking coins out of USA

Taking coins out of USA

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:37 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking coins out of USA

my husbands suitcase was searched by the tsa at the weekend. Not on the heathrow to chicago leg - but on the chicago to columbus leg. We think it was because he had put his laptop and a spare hard drive inside the case - as well as two bottles of ginger wine. guess that liquid and electronics looked suspicious. Anyways they didnt take anything and managed to open the suitcase which had a combination lock built in (with no key) and it doesnt appear to have been damaged and still works?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's a bit rough, I'm collecting those quarters

I bet the inspector just wanted to fill in the gaps in his/her collection.
Yeah - i'm collecting them too... Only 18 more to go :s
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by AngloDreamer
This site seems to be the best for my purposes

http://www.usstatequarters.com/produ...idproduct=1988

I also want a two dollar bill but have heard it is bad luck.

Never seen one in the States.
Would a shop accept it ?
Shops do accept them (its how i came across 2 of them); gave them to someone with kids for their collection. I'm also collecting a fair amount of Canadian and English coins. Those I'm saving for our trip this May because I don't know what else to do with the Canadian coins.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melody32
Those I'm saving for our trip this May because I don't know what else to do with the Canadian coins.
You can participate in the time-honored American tradition of trying to pass them off on a shop in the US. <g>
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:03 pm

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point

I also want a two dollar bill but have heard it is bad luck.

Never seen one in the States.
Would a shop accept it ?

They are yours for the asking at any bank, and are considered a nuisance but will be accepted. The 3$ notes are much more difficult to pass around.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
You can participate in the time-honored American tradition of trying to pass them off on a shop in the US. <g>
i could; but then i'd risk the chance of not getting any of the coins i do want...