Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile - Flex Pay Confusion

T-Mobile - Flex Pay Confusion

Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:48 am
Just Joined

kingweasel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default T-Mobile - Flex Pay Confusion

Could someone please explain T-Mobiles Flex plan to me?

I was under the impression that it was sort of in-between prepay and a contract. I just signed up, have 300 minutes but can only make local calls, my texts (local) aren't sending and all my "flex" minutes are used up because I made a call home.

Can I not text or call internationally unless I buy "flex" minutes on top of my pay monthly service?

I thought I was just getting the $29.99 per month option, not really sure what I got now. It says I have "Individual 300 with FlexPay". Confused!

Last edited by kingweasel; Aug 15th 2009 at 1:52 am.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:04 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: T-Mobile - Flex Pay Confusion

Originally Posted by kingweasel
Could someone please explain T-Mobiles Flex plan to me?

I was under the impression that it was sort of in-between prepay and a contract. I just signed up, have 300 minutes but can only make local calls, my texts (local) aren't sending and all my "flex" minutes are used up because I made a call home.

Can I not text or call internationally unless I buy "flex" minutes on top of my pay monthly service?

I thought I was just getting the $29.99 per month option, not really sure what I got now. It says I have "Individual 300 with FlexPay". Confused!

Look I don't mean this to sound cheeky, but have you bothered to read this http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/I...paynocontractb and if the answer is not there, actually calling T.Mobile it might be alot easier.....good luck
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:10 am
Just Joined

kingweasel is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course I did read that!

I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience with it.
No worries, I'll figure it out. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Look I don't mean this to sound cheeky, but have you bothered to read this http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/I...paynocontractb and if the answer is not there, actually calling T.Mobile it might be alot easier.....good luck
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:12 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingweasel
Of course I did read that!

I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience with it.
No worries, I'll figure it out. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks
Its not a trouble you would be surprised the people that post, about things that are right under thier nose.

Lets hope someone can help you.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:16 am

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/c...e-30f9282a8a2e

By reading this I would be under the same assumtion as you are..

Go and see a t.mobile agent tomorrow if I were you.

I SEE the buggers use trick words it says you have access to text messages, but does not say that they are free, you have to add them once you buy the plan.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Aug 15th 2009 at 2:22 am.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

For plain pre-paid, T-Mobile is the price leader.

For a buck a day, you can get unlimited text messaging and unlimited e-mail and web, even on non-Sidekick devices , but no minutes included. Those are 15c a minuted. Int'l is more expensive.
Or, for $100, you can get 1,000 minutes, and use them at your leisure. Messaging is extra, but international messages cost the same as domestic ones.

For coverage all over the place, go with Verizon. They also have int'l add-ons that make calls and messages to abroad cheaper.

If you enjoy being butt-raped with the fast spinning rough end of a pineapple, go with at&t.