Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Surrender I-94?

Surrender I-94?

Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:40 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surrender I-94?

Originally Posted by abboy
I am leaving for overseas next week, I will only be away for a week. Do I surrender my I-94 and get a new one back? My I-94 is valid until April 5 ,2008.
I would hand over your I-94 at the airport, it isn't worth the grief. You will get a new one when you re-enter.

I had a H1-B visa that expired on June 2004, it didn't matter when I left the country, when I re-entered, my I-94 was always valid until June 2004. What significance does April 5th 2008 have, is that when your Visa expires?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:24 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We used Royal Caribbean...upon check in they were quite insistent that they kept our Passports.

So what did they do when you refused to give it to them?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
So what did they do when you refused to give it to them?
He went away to ask someone...came back and said it was company policy. I said my PP belonged to the Crown and they had no right to keep it. He went away again...came back with his boss who said company policy blah, blah, blah...I again said they had no right to keep my passport as it was the property of the British Crown. His face sort of glazed over and he handed it back to me.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:38 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

He went away to ask someone...came back and said it was company policy. I said my PP belonged to the Crown and they had no right to keep it. He went away again...came back with his boss who said company policy blah, blah, blah...I again said they had no right to keep my passport as it was the property of the British Crown. His face sort of glazed over and he handed it back to me.

Well done!
I can't say that I would have let them keep it either. Why on earth would they need too? Are they worried that you will get off and not get back on again!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!
I can't say that I would have let them keep it either. Why on earth would they need too? Are they worried that you will get off and not get back on again!
Dunno...but they kept our GC's.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:50 pm
Blondie22

Dunno...but they kept our GC's.

I think I would have had a hard time letting them keep my GC too.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I didn't know my rights regarding the GC.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I didn't know my rights regarding the GC.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!
lot of cruises and hotels ask to keep the passport....in a safe, means less likely to get knicked, so less liable to get sued if some plonker left it on the bed and the maid pinches it etc.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:45 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
lot of cruises and hotels ask to keep the passport....in a safe, means less likely to get knicked, so less liable to get sued if some plonker left it on the bed and the maid pinches it etc.

But did they also keep the USCs passports?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
But did they also keep the USCs passports?
I'd been to hotels where they require where ever your from, you don't have to hand it over, but then they aren't oblige to give you a room.

Happens in a lot of places in Austria, Greece, Italy, Japan etc
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
I'd been to hotels where they require where ever your from, you don't have to hand it over, but then they aren't oblige to give you a room.

It used to be a legal requirement in France, the hotel had to register you with the local cop shop.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:45 am
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

That's when you give them your expired one.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

28 posts over 2 pages FFS all somebody had to say was "yes" or "no".
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:08 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
28 posts over 2 pages FFS all somebody had to say was "yes" or "no".
Sorry Rushman.

YES... or NO

There. Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.