Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Supporting Documents for Renewal of Childrens British Passport.

Supporting Documents for Renewal of Childrens British Passport.

Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all
Default Supporting Documents for Renewal of Childrens British Passport.

I am so grateful for this site. It's making my life alot easier.

I just read on the Form C2 notes that if it's a passport renewal and states British Citizen then supporting documents aren't needed.

My son is 15 years old.

Although my own surname has changed (and I am signing as the parent)....so should I still send everything in?

Also is A Pilot considered a professional to countersign the application.

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:51 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting Documents for Renewal of Childrens British Passport.

i just sent off my 5 years olds renewal this week and wondered if i needed to send any docs, so i looked at the embassy site and it said provided you were including a nearly expired or recently expired full valid british passport for the applicant in the packet then you didnt need to send supporting docs in again. How 'recent' that means i dont know - my sons expires in Sept so I know im okay.

I also got his passport photo countersigned as he looks very different now from the potaote head he looked like at 6 weeks!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharron_

Also is A Pilot considered a professional to countersign the application.
Probably alright....anyone with good standing and a professional was my thought from reading the previous responses...could always ask Dean, the consul bloke, he replied in your other thread.

I am curious by what they mean by recently expired as well...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
i just sent off my 5 years olds renewal this week and wondered if i needed to send any docs, so i looked at the embassy site and it said provided you were including a nearly expired or recently expired full valid british passport for the applicant in the packet then you didnt need to send supporting docs in again. How 'recent' that means i dont know - my sons expires in Sept so I know im okay.

I also got his passport photo countersigned as he looks very different now from the potaote head he looked like at 6 weeks!
My kids got their passports when daughter was not quite 1 and son was 2 1/2 and the passports are valid for another 2 years! Son sort of resembles his pic but daughter looks nothing like hers! Should be interesting at immigration when we arrive in US later in year. My passport expires in March 2010 so am trying to figure out if I need to renew mine before husband goes to Embassy for visa interview.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:27 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
My kids got their passports when daughter was not quite 1 and son was 2 1/2 and the passports are valid for another 2 years! Son sort of resembles his pic but daughter looks nothing like hers! Should be interesting at immigration when we arrive in US later in year. My passport expires in March 2010 so am trying to figure out if I need to renew mine before husband goes to Embassy for visa interview.
the photo in the visa stamp will be much more recent so doesnt matter that the passport looks a mile off.

as far as i understand - you can only renew your british passport up to 9 months before it expires so depending on when in 2010 it expires would make a difference. Its a lot cheaper to renew in the uk so if you can work it - do it. then you wont have to worry for 10 years. (and remember the 9 month early is added onto the passport so you will gtet a new one valid for 10 years and x months depending when you renew).
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

the photo in the visa stamp will be much more recent so doesnt matter that the passport looks a mile off.

as far as i understand - you can only renew your british passport up to 9 months before it expires so depending on when in 2010 it expires would make a difference. Its a lot cheaper to renew in the uk so if you can work it - do it. then you wont have to worry for 10 years. (and remember the 9 month early is added onto the passport so you will gtet a new one valid for 10 years and x months depending when you renew).
Just checked passport and it actually expires June 7 2010. If we fly out to US on earliest possible date, Sept 21 2009, I will have just 9 months left.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all

Actually you can renew your passport whenever.....but they will only give you an extra 9 months (on top of the 10 years or 5 years (child)). I lost 5 years on my British Passport when I renewed it early....they only renewed it for 10 years 9 months. So if the pictures are alot different I would get it renewed early and just lose the extra time. The last thing you want is to be told you can't enter the US after an 11 hour flight!! and then get sent home on another 11 hour flight!. Although if you fly to the US via Dublin (I believe you go through immigration there) but I could be wrong.

Call the Passport office in the UK to check what I have said is correct. I think if the picture is alot different then they class that as a valid reason for getting it renewed.