Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

'Support our troops' car ribbons

Wikiposts

'Support our troops' car ribbons

Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: 'Support our troops' car ribbons

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
But surely no evidence of it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. They don't exactly bank with Bank of America or BB&T and I'm sure we haven't had access to their check stubs.
So since it may have happened, we invade the entire country, costing us upwards of a trillion dollars, creating a new center for terrorists, pissing off more of our enemies and most of our friends? Because he may have given money to AQ?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DCMark
So since it may have happened, we invade the entire country, costing us upwards of a trillion dollars, creating a new center for terrorists, pissing off more of our enemies and most of our friends? Because he may have given money to AQ?

Being an ex-pat, it's difficult for me to get too involved with American politics, I can't even vote, yet.
So I'm looking at it from a UK perspective as well, as we are 'hand in glove with each other'
I'm wondering if the other ex-pats on here would support the 'ribbon thing' which was after all the original thread.
I'm also a bit our of touch with the UK and am not sure if there is an equivalent.
As I've said, as a'newbie' I can't get too involved but the fact is there has just been an election and the 'majority' voted to keep Bush in power.
Tony Blair will get his chance at the polls in a few months.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:59 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if the other ex-pats on here would support the 'ribbon thing' which was after all the original thread.
I think we all want the soldiers to come home safe and sound. Whether we agree with the war or not, it is irrelevent to the fortunes of the lads on the ground.

I'm also a bit our of touch with the UK and am not sure if there is an equivalent.
As I've said, as a'newbie' I can't get too involved but the fact is there has just been an election and the 'majority' voted to keep Bush in power.
Tony Blair will get his chance at the polls in a few months.
He'll win, not by the landslide, and mainly because Michael Howard and his party are just as clueless.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
I think we all want the soldiers to come home safe and sound. Whether we agree with the war or not, it is irrelevent to the fortunes of the lads on the ground.

He'll win, not by the landslide, and mainly because Michael Howard and his party are just as clueless.
Unfortunatelty I think you're right. Always been a Conservative myself, but we haven't had a good leader since Mrs T although JM wasn't as bad as the idiots since.
At least Mrs T's son is about to sign for Fulham !!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:10 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunatelty I think you're right. Always been a Conservative myself, but we haven't had a good leader since Mrs T
that's where we should end the conversation.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manc
that's where we should end the conversation.
OK then