Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!

Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!

Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

While I appreciate that Saddam is not a martyr yet (after all he is still alive) being executed at the hands of the Americans or being executed by individuals who are regarded as being puppets of the Americans will most likely make him a martyr in the eyes of his supporters...

His sons will already be martyrs in the eyes of their supporters as they died at the hands of the Americans...

My point is.. do we need to make this guy a symbol of the ongoing defiance against the "American Invaders"?? Surely it would be a lot less dignified for him to spend the rest of his days living in a prison cell somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I would happily see the bloke dead... I just feel that by George W. pretty much demanding the death penalty for Saddam he has made it more difficult for that to occur simply because many people would see it as being the court going along with what George W. wants therefore guarenteeing his martyrdom!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

chicken_little is an unknown quantity at this point

Attached Thumbnails Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!-sadham.gif