Reload this Page >

Submitting AP / AOS & Moving out of state

Submitting AP / AOS & Moving out of state

Old Jun 16th 2002, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

JasonPrince is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Submitting AP / AOS & Moving out of state

Hi Guys,

I am going through AOS through marriage to USC in NYC. I submitted my paperwork a few weeks ago and have just received the cash receipt for my filing fees.

I did not submit my AP form. If I decided to submit this form in a couple of months, would I be able to do so?

My wife and I are planning to move out of NY to VA in six months to a year from now. Can I do this while I am going through my Green Card? What problems are we likely to run into re time delays / additional filing fees etc.

Thanks, Jason.
Old Jun 16th 2002, 10:20 pm
Michele Sharik

Default Re: Submitting AP / AOS & Moving out of state

"JasonPrince" <[email protected]> wrote:

> My wife and I are planning to move out of NY to VA in six months to a year from
    > now. Can I do this while I am going through my Green Card? What problems are we
    > likely to run into re time delays / additional filing fees etc.

Hi, Jason! As you can see from our timeline below, my husband & I moved from
Cleveland to San Francisco smack in the middle of our AOS. We were advised by the
National Customer Service Center that we shouldn't expect to hear anything from SF
for at least 6 months and that SF had a "backlog" of 10 months, but we heard from SF
almost immediately & already had our AOS interview.

So, anything's possible. Just be sure to always send your mail to the INS certified,
return receipt requested - and send your change of address letter to BOTH the new and
the old offices!

Good luck!
--
-Michèle (US) & Brian (CAN) Detailed Timeline: http://ladysun1969.tripod.com Oct 11,
2000: met in person June 16, 2001: married in Las Vegas July 10, 2001: submitted
I-485/I-130 package (Cleveland) August 14, 2001: EAD & SSN August 17, 2001:
fingerprints August 21, 2001: AP January 21, 2002: moved to San Francisco May 28,
2002: AOS interview (SF) -- given 90 day Continuance for Medical Exam June 1, 2002:
INS Medical Exam