Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Student Immigration

Student Immigration

Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:48 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Makes no difference who owns the company. You still need to be highly skilled, i.e degree qualified, to get the work visa.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Sparkster

The only other contact I made was with a friend of mine, he has a Uncle over in America (Not sure which state) that runs a business. Could that be of any use to me?
Is his name Sam by any chance? SO you have a friend, who has an uncle, who has a buisiness? ****ing hell why did you not point this out earlier my friend??? Pack your bags and come over here, the visa is just a formality now. Congratulations!!!!

Dick Head!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:52 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I don't use the bosses computer.
So whose computer do you use? If the boss might catch you on the net (as per your previous post), then surely you are using a work computer?
Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sparkster is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny I must say

No if you must know my friends name is Neil. I don't know is Uncles name. But how could he be of help, I though that work aquired visas were really hard to get. Even if you do have backing. Remeber people I only know the basics about visas.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dunroving
So whose computer do you use? If the boss might catch you on the net (as per your previous post), then surely you are using a work computer?
sorry my mistake, when you said the boses computer I thought you really meants the boses computer (Oh I really feel embarssed now) No I do use a work computer. I still can't work it out, there is no need to have the internet one the computers and they don't like us using it. So why bother having them hooked up?
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:03 pm
Moderated

matt_in_philly is an unknown quantity at this point

Sparkster,

if your intension is just to get to know the people and the "culture", then you don't have to be a resident in the USA to do that. All you have to do is get on the plane,come here and stay for up to 90 days. And believe me as far as culture is concerned, you're not missing anything significant.

As soon as you're talking to an Immigration Officer at the airport, you'll find out a lot about the "culture" here. Simply compare them the ones in the UK.

On the other hand, if you want to LIVE here rather than the culture thing of yours, then you should definitely get a degree and find an employer that would be willing to go through that immigration non-sense just to have you onboard.

Other than that you have to marry someone to come here. Unfortunately, I read your post saying that you were ready to do that as well just to live in the USA.

With all due respect, it's not worth lowering yourself.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:07 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by matt_in_philly
Sparkster,

if your intension is just to get to know the people and the "culture", then you don't have to be a resident in the USA to do that. All you have to do is get on the plane,come here and stay for up to 90 days. And believe me as far as culture is concerned, you're not missing anything significant.

As soon as you're talking to an Immigration Officer at the airport, you'll find out a lot about the "culture" here. Simply compare them the ones in the UK.

On the other hand, if you want to LIVE here rather than the culture thing of yours, then you should definitely get a degree and find an employer that would be willing to go through that immigration non-sense just to have you onboard.

Other than that you have to marry someone to come here. Unfortunately, I read your post saying that you were ready to do that as well just to live in the USA.

With all due respect, it's not worth lowering yourself.

I totally agree.
90 days is a long time in a foreign country and a lot can be learned from the experience
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

oh yes I fully agree, if it was just for the culture than I'd just visit on Holiday. But there are other reasons, I won't bore you lot with them as you yourselves probably already know them.

As for what you said about not lowering yourself, I agree I didn't mean for it to rub off like that. It was more of a statement just to portray how much I would like to move.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:10 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yes I fully agree, if it was just for the culture than I'd just visit on Holiday. But there are other reasons, I won't bore you lot with them as you yourselves probably already know them.

As for what you said about not lowering yourself, I agree I didn't mean for it to rub off like that. It was more of a statement just to portray how much I would like to move.

Failing that, go over and commit a felony, you will get to see a lot of culture in a penal institution over there, and who knows you could still end up as someones bitch
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dudleydowg
I totally agree.
90 days is a long time in a foreign country and a lot can be learned from the experience
Well that’s why I'm taking part in camp America, that way I'll get to meet a few Americans and talk to them. Also from doing this I'll be able to talk to the other counsellors whom some may well have come to America from the UK or are thinking of. In which case I'll be able to find out much more. I believe Camp America is for about 6 weeks. Which is a good 49 days I'd imagine I'd be able to experience some of the 'culture' in that time. Wouldn’t you agree.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dudleydowg
Failing that, go over and commit a felony, you will get to see a lot of culture in a penal institution over there, and who knows you could still end up as someones bitch
Now thats just cruel funny but cruel
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:13 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

What are you expecting to pay for a flight?
Why don't you look online instead of waiting for a cancellation (lost me completely there)

You're dithering... a dream can't materialise if you don't make it happen!

Save some money... work 2 jobs if you have to.

Use your loaf! (I'm trying very hard to stay on the fence here... but I have no GCE's or A Levels)
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:14 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Why don't you look online instead of waiting for a cancellation (lost me completely there)

Use your loaf! (I'm trying very hard to stay on the fence here... but I have no GCE's or A Levels)
Neither has Sparkster so don't worry about it.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

That is actually a very good idea, I must say I can't beleive I didn't think of that. It would be just as cheap to buy online as it would with a cancelation.

I suppose the reason why I never thought of that is becuase I've never really gotten into the entire online buying thing. The only time I ever did anything that way was when I actually ordered the internet at home.

Thanks alot Brigie
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:17 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Brigie: Clearly, you don't need to have any GCSEs or A-levels to have some initiative, common sense, and resourcefulness. And clearly, there are some people with plenty of GCSEs and A-levels who have little of the latter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.