Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Steve Martin playing Jacques Clouseau??

Steve Martin playing Jacques Clouseau??

Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:45 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve Martin playing Jacques Clouseau??

My favourite is 'Dead men don't wear plaid' tough I do enjoy 'Dirty rotten scoundrels' I just love the genital cuffs piece even then he's carried in that by Sir Maurice.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:54 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Parenthood has to be one of my favs the part with him trying to break the pinata it's now more hilarious than ever cos that happened when we did one for my daughter a few years ago pmsl
Parenthood is a superb movie, especially with the very young cutey pie Joaquin (Leaf) Phoenix in it!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:56 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Leap of Faith - excellent movie - as was Planes Trains - both where he is the serious one!! I think his stupid brand of humour is a little dated - so i think PP will be cringe worthy - but may be proven wrong.

John Candy was the master - made truely bad films excellent (apart from wagons east but he did die in the middle of it - literally)
Uncle Buck is one of my favs too. Such a shame about John Candy.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:57 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Parenthood is a superb movie, especially with the very young cutey pie Joaquin (Leaf) Phoenix in it!
yeah i saw it not that long ago...Keanu is a bit of alright too...grew up very yummy
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:01 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

'The man with two brains' , 'Dirty Rotten scoundrels' and 'Roxanne', great movies, he's good, but not that good. As for The Pink Panther, I can't see it working, the Pink Panther was a series of movies of their time and Peter Sellers was the only person that could carry it off. Better to leave them alone IMO.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:07 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
'The man with two brains' , 'Dirty Rotten scoundrels' and 'Roxanne', great movies, he's good, but not that good. As for The Pink Panther, I can't see it working, the Pink Panther was a series of movies of their time and Peter Sellers was the only person that could carry it off. Better to leave them alone IMO.
I think we all will agree..I also liked the inspector with the tick that was always out to get him...he was great too and remember Keto hiding in the fridge?

but there's got to be plenty of kids who've never seen the originals and never will cos they're pretty dated and will be more than happy to pay to see this version at the movies
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:44 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I also liked the inspector with the tick
Chief Inspector Dreyfus played bt Herbert Lom
remember Keto hiding in the fridge?
Bert Kwouk from Manchester
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:48 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
And if Jean Reno is appearing, it can't be good, we all know that.
'Nikita', 'Leon' and 'Ronin' leave it out, he's good, OK I'll give you 'Godzilla' pile of pants that it was
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:57 am
Back Again

'Nikita', 'Leon' and 'Ronin' leave it out, he's good, OK I'll give you 'Godzilla' pile of pants that it was
Yeah the Professional is one of my most fav movies.....I sobbed my eyes out...I hated Gary Oldman after that
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:58 am

Yeah the Professional is one of my most fav movies.....I sobbed my eyes out...I hated Gary Oldman after that
I hated Gary Oldman before that
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:58 am

Only kidding...
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:00 am
Back Again

Only kidding...
I know you are...in Dracula he was undeniably HOT
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:26 am
Back where I belong!

I liked him in 'Mission: Impossible'.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:31 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Maybe its just my opinion, but Peter Sellers is the only person on earth who can play that character!
I agree 100%, its one of those parts that I don't think anyone could do successfully. I also saw the preview on TV and it just seemed like hammy acting. Sellers had a way of doing it naturally. Martin looks too fake. Some things are just left alone.

Some mentioned hoping they don't do a remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, I am sure if they did, it would have way too many special effects in it.

I hated the remake of the Italian Job. No one could ever top Mr. Bridger (Noel Coward). The remake of the Lady Killers had it's odd funny part especiall when the white guy said he had IBS and the black guy responded "UB what?".

I just hope and pray they never get their hands on the other old Ealing comedies, The Lavender Hill Mob, Passport to Pimlico, The Man in the White Suit etc etc. Now I am showing my age. Oh God, I just thought, what ever would they do if they got hold of the St. Trinian movies.

Last edited by Lynne; Jan 20th 2006 at 3:38 am.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Lynne
The Italian Job, don't go there.
Sore subject with my stepson that particular film, he says it's old and dated, I say it's original and not a cheap rip off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.