Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

State Selection:Sun and Snow

State Selection:Sun and Snow

Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Science is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Selection:Sun and Snow

I wont be going to the US for quite some time yet, however, There is no harm planning ahead. I am looking for a State that has nice Hot poolside climate in Summer and a very snowy winter!

Does a wonderland such as this exist?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Selection:Sun and Snow

well we had the kinda summer where we WANTED a pool every day... reached 95F daily for about 2months... its cooling off into autumn (hopefully) now.

winter is snowy... you want snow... we got snow... you want to drive... buy a 4x4.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Yea Driving, Dreading the roundabouts :s

Although It's a solid excuse when some eco freak is staring at you for driving a 4x4.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:18 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Science
I wont be going to the US for quite some time yet, however, There is no harm planning ahead. I am looking for a State that has nice Hot poolside climate in Summer and a very snowy winter!

There are quite a few states with climates like you describe. Anything else to narrow the field?

Prostitution is legal in some parts of Nevada, and it's hot there, and you can drive to snowy places from there. And they have a town there where you can gamble.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:18 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Although It's a solid excuse when some eco freak is staring at you for driving a 4x4.

Really? Because I have some good news then...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:22 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, chicago would defintely suit. but the summer is not that long and the snow and cold is a real pain in the ass
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Most states in the NE/mid west would fit your bill.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
There are quite a few states with climates like you describe. Anything else to narrow the field?

Prostituition is legal in some parts of Nevada, and it's hot there

is it nevada where they embrace polygamy? i saw a documentary on that awhile back. can't belive the powers that be allow it esp as some of the wives were just out of puberty themselves
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Because I have some good news then...
its "kinda" good news... the problem I find is when you've not seen one for years and suddenly you're faced with one... and obviously while UK peeps are very used to them... americans are NOT so you have to be EXTRA careful, go around it the "wrong" way AND avoid the idiots who don't read the signs.

btw - science - there are about 10 roundabouts in the entire US

ps - I might be slightly exaggerating
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TruBrit
is it nevada where they embrace polygamy?
Utah I believe... see "Big Love" on HBO
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

i shouldn't worry about roundabouts over here, let that be the very last thing you worry about
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by USBound

we have two in houston
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Utah I believe... see "Big Love" on HBO
ok thanks, why is it allowed to carry on
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

its "kinda" good news... the problem I find is when you've not seen one for years and suddenly you're faced with one... and obviously while UK peeps are very used to them... americans are NOT so you have to be EXTRA careful, go around it the "wrong" way AND avoid the idiots who don't read the signs.

ps - I might be slightly exaggerating
and they are mostly in NJ...I can think of at least 3 not too far from where we live.

I remember meeting an American in Chicago...when I said we hoped to move to NJ his reaction was...'but they have circles there'!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Prostituition is legal in some parts of Nevada, and it's hot there, and you can drive to snowy places from there.
Does the accent work for Sex?

In all honesty I dont have much of a criteria my profession has so many industrial applications I could get work in any state I would imagine,
Do any of those states you mention have no Income tax?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.