Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

SSN info wrong, what to do?

Wikiposts

SSN info wrong, what to do?

Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SSN info wrong, what to do?

Originally Posted by Ray
He deleted his account here....
blimey...when did that happen?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The flaming liberals must have pissed him off one too many times!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:15 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Guess I'll end up going to both places being shuffled from pillar to post to get this done then.....oh well.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Guess I'll end up going to both places being shuffled from pillar to post to get this done then.....oh well.
I would get the SSA to write a letter explaining what the situation is from their point of view to take to an info pass appt if that's what you do. As I can see the USCIS/DHS saying it'd not their prob. They could have sent the correct info to SSA, and somewhere down the line SSA mistyped or wrongly entered it.
I would still ask to speak to a supervisor at the SSA office first though. If the office bod who did your kids SS numbers was able to change your info in the system to get the kids' numbers they would be able to correct it wouldn't you think?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:46 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farmerwife
I would get the SSA to write a letter explaining what the situation is from their point of view to take to an info pass appt if that's what you do. As I can see the USCIS/DHS saying it'd not their prob. They could have sent the correct info to SSA, and somewhere down the line SSA mistyped or wrongly entered it.
I would still ask to speak to a supervisor at the SSA office first though. If the office bod who did your kids SS numbers was able to change your info in the system to get the kids' numbers they would be able to correct it wouldn't you think?
Yep, going back to the SSA office first seems the easiest place to start.

The office bod wasn't able to change my info to get the kid's numbers though. She deliberately entered the wrong info (my current surname in the place where it asks for my maiden name) to keep the system happy, because that's all it would recognise.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Yep, going back to the SSA office first seems the easiest place to start.

The office bod wasn't able to change my info to get the kid's numbers though. She deliberately entered the wrong info (my current surname in the place where it asks for my maiden name) to keep the system happy, because that's all it would recognise.
Try calling their helpline first ....a long stretch ..but maybe ..