Reload this Page >

Special education needs- SENCO-IEP

Special education needs- SENCO-IEP

Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Seal2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Special education needs- SENCO-IEP

Originally Posted by notonuksoil
I'm originally from the IOW and have family there, I managed to escape in 1987!

The schools on the Island have been going through a transition over the past couple of years and the feedback hasn't been good.

I'd call the school again and suggest that if you are not given a response within 48 hours with either a phone call or written/email with the answers to your questions you will be writing a letter to the IOW County Press explaining your issues with the poor administration procedures and will also be phoning BBC Radio Solent to speak with Alex Dyke during his talk show phone in. Both links below The Island is a relatively small community and the schools are petrified when they get mentioned in the local media in a less than positive light.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009x71w
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/Letters/default.aspx
I told my husband that is what I was going to do if they keep this up- my first email to the head teacher and assistant teacher of year 10 to ask about the transfer of the boys educational transcripts/records
was dated May 13- no response
2nd one dated May 23- no response
3rd one dated June 4th- in which I also CCd the principal
and finally on June 6th the responded.
I am so not impressed- I mean- I know they are busy- but even an email saying "we are working on it" would have sufficed. But 25 days of not responding?

I have emailed the SENCO 2 times, and left a voice message. I have contacted the IOW parent partnerships by email- so I guess its a waiting game now.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by notonuksoil
IOW schools don't actually fall under Hampshire you need to contact the IOW county council
http://www.iwight.com/Residents/Schools-and-Learning
Thank you for that link- this is so frustrating- I have seen how US schools can get away with a lot if a parent isn't aware of certain rights- and my husband was totally unaware of things- and he is amazingly organized and attentive to all matters relating to the boys.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

I found the IOW to be a really beautiful place- I had been thinking that it would be nice to retire there- but houses are so expensive compared to where I live, and the ferry service is crazy expensive to travel off the island. No wonder my husband doesn't get away much lol