Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Social Security # Question

Social Security # Question

Old Jan 15th 2006, 12:22 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social Security # Question

Originally Posted by Eskimo
about $220 ! :scared:
Yup.

And even stay-at-home mums don't have it easy. I well remember waiting for two hours to get a driving licence renewal with my then 9- and 2-year-olds. My 2-year-old tried to rip down every projector screen that they were using as backdrops for photos. She also wanted to rummage through desks if their occupant wasn't seated in front. It was murder keeping her from these interesting tasks, even though I'd dutifully brought snacks and entertainment -- crayons, paper, toys.... exploring such a cool place was what she wanted to do and my constant battle to keep her from wrecking the place was tremendous work.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yup.

And even stay-at-home mums don't have it easy. I well remember waiting for two hours to get a driving licence renewal with my then 9- and 2-year-olds. My 2-year-old tried to rip down every projector screen that they were using as backdrops for photos. She also wanted to rummage through desks if their occupant wasn't seated in front. It was murder keeping her from these interesting tasks, even though I'd dutifully brought snacks and entertainment -- crayons, paper, toys.... exploring such a cool place was what she wanted to do and my constant battle to keep her from wrecking the place was tremendous work.
My 3 year old was an angle while waiting when I did mine, only because there was a security guard with a gun, that looked like a Policeman, and I told my Son, see that Policeman he will tell you off if your naughty.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please take the broom of your ass and have a sense of humour - Im just off back to neglect my wife some more
I have an excellent sense of humor. You asked a serious question and then argued against every reason why you should do what you asked about. I gave you a serious answer.
Don't forget to neglect the kids while you're in there
Old Jan 15th 2006, 2:14 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't forget to neglect the kids while you're in there
That might actually get your a licence FASTER if they're a pain enough that the workers want to get RID of you.

(I was hoping my 2-year-old would do it, but alas I did not neglect her enough for her to cause serious damage.)
Old Jan 15th 2006, 2:17 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yup.

I hear ya! I had to take my 16 month old son. I was sure to take the stroller, snacks, toys & drinks for him. I didn't let him out of the stroller, we stood outside most of the 2 hour wait, so that he could be as loud as he liked without bothering people & he is loud!!! It was hard work for me, but well worth the hassle.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 3:25 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Partystar
We stood outside most of the 2 hour wait, so that he could be as loud as he liked without bothering people & he is loud!!!
I might have done, but since I have a July birthday (and renewal) *I* couldn't handle waiting outside!

It was hot enough inside with the room packed full of people. Blech.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 1:07 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Huh ? do DMVs have different rules? ...... surely you just need to prove you are legally in the US to apply for a driving license ?
So you're not familiar with the requirements to get a NC drivers license? ... There is a reason why we have more illegals here in sunny NC than in any state in the US that doesn't have a border with Mexico, plus New York, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 16th 2006 at 1:11 am.