Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So what are the chances..........

Wikiposts

So what are the chances..........

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:18 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what are the chances..........

Originally Posted by fatbrit
50 hail marys for you, then.
Like I said.

the "I'm a Catholic" crowd have their little knickers in a twist don't they.

surely they will forgive me.

And I fail to see where in this thread anyone has disrespected the pope. I simply stated I think it's ironic him popping his clogs during National Catholic Schools Week.

But obviously people read what they want to rather than what is actually said.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:23 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Like I said.

And I fail to see where in this thread anyone has disrespected the pope. I simply stated I think it's ironic him popping his clogs during National Catholic Schools Week.

But obviously people read what they want to rather than what is actually said.

Nah -- you're feeding 'em! They can ave'a larf, feel guilty 'bout it, then renew their faith.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:25 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

What a weird society...

Judging by the media hype and speculation (not just here, but on many forums) - people can't wait for the Pope to meet his maker.

But... at the other end of the scale, there's another famous throughout the world name that people would not want to see go.
Nelson Mandela.
(He made a speech in Trafalgar Square today about world poverty)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4231141.stm

The Pope - "Is he going ? I've got him in the draw for March 15th"
Mandela - "He's a living legend him."

Can't work it out. But I bet sociologists are writing papers on this weird phenomenon as we speak.

(By the way how's Thatcher ? She knocking on death's door yet ?)

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:26 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
50 hail marys for you, then.
And I'll get someone to slip into a latex nun's outfit and give you a sound whipping!

NC Penguin
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:30 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
And I'll get someone to slip into a latex nun's outfit and give you a sound whipping!

NC Penguin
will I have to pay for it again though? Or is this one a freebie?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:32 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: So what are the chances..........

will I have to pay for it again though? Or is this one a freebie?
Yes. Pay some now and some in the afterlife!

NC Penguin
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:35 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said.

I really must take exception to this post. When I went to the Vatican our holy father John Paul was not wearing clogs as you so expertly claim, they looked more like slippers, but I couldn't see as I could not get that close as he was surrounded by Swiss guards with large spears. Nontheless, since it is made from stone and marble, the Vatican offers excellent accoustics. I am sure these accoustics would have made obvious the sounds of any wooden footware that his holiness could have been wearing.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:37 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by tomelina
I really must take exception to this post. When I went to the Vatican our holy father John Paul was not wearing clogs as you so expertly claim, they looked more like slippers, but I couldn't see as I could not get that close as he was surrounded by Swiss guards with large spears. Nontheless, since it is made from stone and marble, the Vatican offers excellent accoustics. I am sure these accoustics would have made obvious the sounds of any wooden footware that his holiness could have been wearing.
Well I almost said "Bought the farm" but I also doubt that at his age, Pope JP2 has any inclination to acquire a ranch and cattle either.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:44 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Well I almost said "Bought the farm" but I also doubt that at his age, Pope JP2 has any inclination to acquire a ranch and cattle either.
I would say that you have more of a chance of getting a wank off the pope than that happening.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:53 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by tomelina
I would say that you have more of a chance of getting a wank off the pope than that happening.
That's not gonna happen is it. I mean I'm over 13 years of age for a start.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 6:57 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

There's Castro as well...
(Carrying on a conversation I'm having with myself and leaving you lot to your tangents)
Americans can't wait to see hime shuffle off.
- There's this daytime TV show on here. It's has a couple of shouty women and an old bloke in the middle.
Anway...when Castro tripped down them steps and got hurt, they kept on repeating the moment and one of the women laughing at his misfortune.
I don't care who you are, but if someone falls like this at their age it's not nice, shouldn't make cheap entertainment out of it.

I'll admit I don't know the full back story with Casto and Cuba.
I've got nothing against this bloke or the country. Done nothing to me.
But America seems to have a real problem and this is very weird.
China has the same set up as Cuba but America are quite happy to deal with them...
But that's a subject for another thread.

Said my bit. I'll go away now.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah, but he ain't hardly a prime example of a good citizen, alco womanising pimp daddy back in the day

God I didnt know he was that interesting...maybe E should do a true hollywood story on him
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:07 am

Ok one more..
*everybody groans*

No this will help you when you run out of euphemisms:
http://phrontistery.50megs.com/longpig/dead.html

He's:
bought his lunch
coiled up his ropes
flatline
going into the fertilizer business
in the sweet hereafter
left the building
singing with the angels
walked the plank.

(No don't. I'll call the taxi)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:08 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

That's not gonna happen is it. I mean I'm over 13 years of age for a start.
PMSL!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:14 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
Ok one more..
*everybody groans*

No this will help you when you run out of euphemisms:
http://phrontistery.50megs.com/longpig/dead.html

He's:
bought his lunch
coiled up his ropes
flatline
going into the fertilizer business
in the sweet hereafter
left the building
singing with the angels
walked the plank.

(No don't. I'll call the taxi)
Hung up his robes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.