Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Smoking in the USA

Smoking in the USA

Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking in the USA

Originally Posted by Ray
We pay $14 a carton ... not exactly top brands though
Blimey that is cheep. I smoke Basic menthol's lights, still much stronger than the Menthol's I use to smoke back home.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I was shocked at the price in NYC that must be near UK prices???
At home in June I was paying 5 pounds 40p
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Blimey that is cheep. I smoke Basic menthol's lights, still much stronger than the Menthol's I use to smoke back home.
Yup ! we smoke Menthol 100s ..this week brand is Poker .. made in Columbia ...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Yup ! we smoke Menthol 100s ..this week brand is Poker .. made in Columbia ...
Never heard of them, do you change brands alot then? And yes only long ones for me
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I was shocked at the price in NYC that must be near UK prices???
It's around $5.60 for camels/american spirit here, and around $6.50 in maine...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of them, do you change brands alot then? And yes only long ones for me
We buy by the price ... why pay top money for something I am going to
set fire too ...
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:50 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
It's around $5.60 for camels/american spirit here, and around $6.50 in maine...
I was hoping this thread would be a stop smoking thread but it seems to have morphed into a "were the cheapest ciggies are sold thread"!!!

But I must admit the cost of ciggies over here was one of the reasons I took so long to quit once getting here, they are too cheap if you ask me, as an ex-smoker of course!

I think the local store had a special of 3 packs of Marlbro and a lighter for $10, bloody draw is full of lighters!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
We buy by the price ... why pay top money for something I am going to
set fire too ...
I understand that, so mine works out to $60 a month, that amount dont hurt me but smoking the bloody thing's do.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

I roll my own, Drum tobacco. $3.80 per pouch and I can easily get 50 cigarettes out of one pouch. That's like 7.5 cts per cigarette.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:58 pm
Ray

I understand that, so mine works out to $60 a month, that amount dont hurt me but smoking the bloody thing's do.
Its going to kill you ... my lungs are shot .... they ain't no way back ..

It will kill me in the not far off future ...
Finish that pack you got ... then STOP
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pickles
I was hoping this thread would be a stop smoking thread but it seems to have morphed into a "were the cheapest ciggies are sold thread"!!!

But I must admit the cost of ciggies over here was one of the reasons I took so long to quit once getting here, they are too cheap if you ask me, as an ex-smoker of course!

I think the local store had a special of 3 packs of Marlbro and a lighter for $10, bloody draw is full of lighters!
Of course us smoker's who read this thread will end up talking about the price, if you stay around you will soon see that threads will stray a little but most of the time alot
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:00 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Pickles
I was hoping this thread would be a stop smoking thread but it seems to have morphed into a "were the cheapest ciggies are sold thread"!!!:
This is page two ... we are usually on too a perverted practice by now
Consider yourself lucky it still on smoking ..
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

That's the best advice I've heard you give.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:07 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's the best advice I've heard you give.
And you get that bathroom cam fixed ..the steam makes me miss all the action ....
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray

Let me get through Christmas first, thats always hard enough, without being all as well. I will do it I have to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.