Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping STUFF from Europe to the US...........

Shipping STUFF from Europe to the US...........

Old Apr 19th 2002, 11:10 pm
Marieta

Default Shipping STUFF from Europe to the US...........

When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US and i'd
like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have experience in
shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind of
service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with the
custom service in the US?

Thanks for any helpful tip.

Old Apr 20th 2002, 3:10 am
Denis Barlow

Default Re: Shipping STUFF from Europe to the US...........

Hi Marieta,

Not sure where in Europe you are. I moved from UK to Phoenix and sent 6 boxes of
stuff air freight using Personal Shipping Services (www.pss.uk.com) They charged me
UKP 2.50 per Kg. It took about 14 days to get here and I collected the stuff myself
from Phoenix Airport. I did pay a Customs Broker USD 50 to get them through customs
for me (they know all the right answers!!)

Denis

"Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US and
    > i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have
    > experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    > i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind of
    > service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    > unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with the
    > custom service in the US?
    >
    > Thanks for any helpful tip.

Old Apr 20th 2002, 10:10 am
Gavin.McCormack

I am planning in taking most of my useable possesions when I finally get to going to
the US from the UK. I am planning on using sea hauliers. The company I am considering
is called 1st Move International. I am sure Other European companies offer similar.
The deal is simply this. As opposed to air freight, sea haulage charges you on volume
taken and not weight. There is usually a basic minimum volume you can
take....averages at 1 cubic metre of space. I got a quote for 7 cubic metres of
possessions, to be collected from my home here and delivered to my new address in the
US, roughly $2000. I have not price compared around yet but thats a guideline.
Shipping also deals with the customs side of things when you inform them what your
possessions contain. I have no idea about the possible implications of being charged
US tax on anything you may bring to the US, and I imagine this is a possibility.
Shipping takes a lot longer than air freight, but is much cheaper if you are taking a
lot of things like books etc.....heavy but small. Shipping hauliers can arrange all
for you and thius company even do your packing (charge applies) if you want. They
also provide free boxes delivery charge only), and cater for special items such as
bikes, large paintings, mirrors etc. My advice is to do a net search in your country
of origin for Haulage companies, or sea/air freight carriers.

Good Luck with it all G

Marieta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US and
    > i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have
    > experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    > i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind of
    > service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    > unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with the
    > custom service in the US?
    >
    > Thanks for any helpful tip.

Old Apr 20th 2002, 3:40 pm
Marieta

Thanks guys... I will do some research, but i think i'll stick with as little as
possible. I don't really have a lot of belongings because i'm a student and i still
live with my parents. I intend to take some books (just the ones i really don't wanna
abandon), and i have some paintings of which i'm the author - those i would really
like to take. Besides that i will take no furniture, just other things like smaller
items, clothes, shoes etc.

I was just wondering: Do you think i will have any trouble with the customs because
of my stuff when i arrive to the U.S.? Can a non-citizen bring in their own things
without limitations?

M.

Old Apr 20th 2002, 10:40 pm
Denis Barlow

Gavin,

Get a quote from PSS, my 6 boxes of stuff were about 3 to 4 cubic metres and it cost
me less than $500 AIR freight!!

Denis

"gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I am planning in taking most of my useable possesions when I finally get
to
    > going to the US from the UK. I am planning on using sea hauliers. The company I am
    > considering is called 1st Move International. I am sure Other European companies
    > offer similar. The deal is simply this. As opposed to
air
    > freight, sea haulage charges you on volume taken and not weight. There is usually a
    > basic minimum volume you can take....averages at 1 cubic metre
of
    > space. I got a quote for 7 cubic metres of possessions, to be collected
from
    > my home here and delivered to my new address in the US, roughly $2000. I have not
    > price compared around yet but thats a guideline. Shipping also deals with the
    > customs side of things when you inform them what your possessions contain. I have
    > no idea about the possible implications of
being
    > charged US tax on anything you may bring to the US, and I imagine this is
a
    > possibility. Shipping takes a lot longer than air freight, but is much cheaper if
    > you are taking a lot of things like books etc.....heavy but small. Shipping
    > hauliers can arrange all for you and thius company even do your packing (charge
    > applies) if you want. They also provide free boxes delivery charge only), and cater
    > for special items such as bikes, large paintings, mirrors etc. My advice is to do a
    > net search in your country of origin for Haulage companies, or sea/air freight
    > carriers.
    >
    > Good Luck with it all G
    >
    > Marieta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US and
    > > i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have
    > > experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    > > i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind of
    > > service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    > > unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with the
    > > custom service in the US?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any helpful tip.

Old Apr 20th 2002, 10:40 pm
Denis Barlow

Hi Marieta,

Like I said I used a Customs Broker here in Phoenix to make things go smoother but
you shouldn't have to pay anything on personal belongings. I had a few dozen books
and over 200 CD's/DVD's and didn't pay a penny.

Denis

"Marieta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Thanks guys... I will do some research, but i think i'll stick with as little as
    > possible. I don't really have a lot of belongings because i'm a student and i still
    > live with my parents. I intend to take some books (just the ones i really don't
    > wanna abandon), and i have some paintings of which i'm the author - those i would
    > really like to take. Besides that i will take no furniture, just other things like
    > smaller items, clothes, shoes etc.
    >
    > I was just wondering: Do you think i will have any trouble with the customs because
    > of my stuff when i arrive to the U.S.? Can a non-citizen bring in their own things
    > without limitations?
    >
    > M.

Old Apr 21st 2002, 10:10 am
Gavin.McCormack

Thanks I am still getting quotes from many companies. The problem with Air freight is
it id calculated on weight, not cubic capacity. Therefore the load size is
irrelevant, as its the weight that matters. Personally for me I have many things
which are very heavy.....mainly student and research stuff. Air freight will be way
too expensive based on cost to weight ratios. Weight is no issue for sea
haulage....therefore cheaper. Based on a simple letter.......air mail costs more to
send than by surface. Same principals in play for larger goods. I am sure I can get
my quote down by further searches, but I doubt I will get it cheaper any other way
than by sea. Thanks for the advice though Denis. Many nights have I spent searching
and calling and collecting info. Sometimes I have considered only taking the bare
minimum to reduce costs, but some things just can't be replaced in America. I advise
all reading this post to keep looking around for the method which bets suits each
individuals needs. Just remember sea haulage is based on cargo capacity not weight.
So pack those boxes tightly lol.

Thanks again Denis for your info on your costs. G

Denis Barlow <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Gavin,
    >
    > Get a quote from PSS, my 6 boxes of stuff were about 3 to 4 cubic metres
and
    > it cost me less than $500 AIR freight!!
    >
    > Denis
    >
    >
    > "gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > I am planning in taking most of my useable possesions when I finally get
    > to
    > > going to the US from the UK. I am planning on using sea hauliers. The company I
    > > am considering is called 1st Move International. I am sure
Other
    > > European companies offer similar. The deal is simply this. As opposed to
    > air
    > > freight, sea haulage charges you on volume taken and not weight. There
is
    > > usually a basic minimum volume you can take....averages at 1 cubic metre
    > of
    > > space. I got a quote for 7 cubic metres of possessions, to be collected
    > from
    > > my home here and delivered to my new address in the US, roughly $2000. I have not
    > > price compared around yet but thats a guideline. Shipping also deals with the
    > > customs side of things when you inform them what your possessions contain. I have
    > > no idea about the possible implications of
    > being
    > > charged US tax on anything you may bring to the US, and I imagine this
is
    > a
    > > possibility. Shipping takes a lot longer than air freight, but is much cheaper if
    > > you are taking a lot of things like books etc.....heavy but small. Shipping
    > > hauliers can arrange all for you and thius company even
do
    > > your packing (charge applies) if you want. They also provide free boxes
    > > delivery charge only), and cater for special items such as bikes, large
    > > paintings, mirrors etc. My advice is to do a net search in your country
of
    > > origin for Haulage companies, or sea/air freight carriers.
    > >
    > > Good Luck with it all G
    > >
    > > Marieta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US
    > > > and i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have
    > > > experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    > > > i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind
    > > > of service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    > > > unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with
    > > > the custom service in the US?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for any helpful tip.
    > >
    >

Old Apr 21st 2002, 5:10 pm
Denis Barlow

Hi Gavin,

I think it must depend very much on the company that you deal with. My belongings
weighed in at 110 Kg and that cost me £275 ($385) which was well below PSS's minimum
charge for sea freight. I guess they must have a higher minimum charge than some of
the other companies.

Denis

"gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news[email protected]...
    > Thanks I am still getting quotes from many companies. The problem with Air freight
    > is it id calculated on weight, not cubic capacity. Therefore the load size is
    > irrelevant, as its the weight that matters. Personally for me
I
    > have many things which are very heavy.....mainly student and research
stuff.
    > Air freight will be way too expensive based on cost to weight ratios.
Weight
    > is no issue for sea haulage....therefore cheaper. Based on a simple
    > letter.......air mail costs more to send than by surface. Same principals
in
    > play for larger goods. I am sure I can get my quote down by further searches, but I
    > doubt I will get it cheaper any other way than by sea. Thanks for the advice though
    > Denis. Many nights have I spent searching and calling and collecting info.
    > Sometimes I have considered only taking the bare minimum to reduce costs, but some
    > things just can't be replaced in America. I advise all reading this post to keep
    > looking around for the method which bets suits each individuals needs. Just
    > remember sea haulage
is
    > based on cargo capacity not weight. So pack those boxes tightly lol.
    >
    > Thanks again Denis for your info on your costs. G
    >
    > Denis Barlow <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Gavin,
    > >
    > > Get a quote from PSS, my 6 boxes of stuff were about 3 to 4 cubic metres
    > and
    > > it cost me less than $500 AIR freight!!
    > >
    > > Denis
    > >
    > >
    > > "gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > I am planning in taking most of my useable possesions when I finally
get
    > > to
    > > > going to the US from the UK. I am planning on using sea hauliers. The company I
    > > > am considering is called 1st Move International. I am sure
    > Other
    > > > European companies offer similar. The deal is simply this. As opposed
to
    > > air
    > > > freight, sea haulage charges you on volume taken and not weight. There
    > is
    > > > usually a basic minimum volume you can take....averages at 1 cubic
metre
    > > of
    > > > space. I got a quote for 7 cubic metres of possessions, to be
collected
    > > from
    > > > my home here and delivered to my new address in the US, roughly $2000.
I
    > > > have not price compared around yet but thats a guideline. Shipping
also
    > > > deals with the customs side of things when you inform them what your
    > > > possessions contain. I have no idea about the possible implications of
    > > being
    > > > charged US tax on anything you may bring to the US, and I imagine this
    > is
    > > a
    > > > possibility. Shipping takes a lot longer than air freight, but is much cheaper
    > > > if you are taking a lot of things like books etc.....heavy but small. Shipping
    > > > hauliers can arrange all for you and thius company
even
    > do
    > > > your packing (charge applies) if you want. They also provide free
boxes
    > > > delivery charge only), and cater for special items such as bikes,
large
    > > > paintings, mirrors etc. My advice is to do a net search in your
country
    > of
    > > > origin for Haulage companies, or sea/air freight carriers.
    > > >
    > > > Good Luck with it all G
    > > >
    > > > Marieta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > > When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe
to
    > > > > the US and i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does
    > > > > anyone have experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    > > > > i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind
    > > > > of service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    > > > > unexpensive) way to take care
of
    > > > > it and how are those things dealt with the custom service in the US?
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks for any helpful tip.
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    >

Old Apr 21st 2002, 11:40 pm
Im

Hi Gavin and Marieta, You cannot really say that air is the more expensive way to get
your stuff to the US. Before I moved I worked for a company who did all, sea, air and
road transport. Of course I got special rates from all departments and for the stuff
I had (no furniture) air was the cheapest and fastest (nobody can truck it from
Europe to US anyway ). Mine was in Door/Door service and I got it within 4 days
after my arrival and 5 days after I had it picked up at my house in Germany. If you
have a copy of your visa and american customs forms (Power of Attorney) attached to
the Air/Sea loading bill thinkgs will go rather quickly. The service you use should
be able to supply you with everything you need. If you really feel like it you can
clear you stuff through customs yourself, but normally that's just a hassle. Send a
packing list for all pieces and state that it is all used, there are not duties for
used belongings. Should you have new items in there that are obviously not for
personal use (ie 200 shrinkwrapped boxes of personal stereos) you put that on a
seperate sheet and give the value per item as you will have to pay duties for them.
Here again ... DO NOT
LIE ... a lot of personal goods are opened by customs and if there is something found
they don't like it is very likely that you will not get all your stuff back.
(Had a client who wanted to bring some cuban cigars for a friend in the US, did
not declare them, found out that there was an embargo for all cuban goods and
got arrested when he wanted to pick his boxes up) If you have a lot of items
that are large and do not weigh much you my still have to pay for volume when
you fly it.(ratio is 1:6) Hope this helps, Isa

gavin.mccormack wrote:

> Thanks I am still getting quotes from many companies. The problem with Air freight
    > is it id calculated on weight, not cubic capacity. Therefore the load size is
    > irrelevant, as its the weight that matters. Personally for me I have many things
    > which are very heavy.....mainly student and research stuff. Air freight will be way
    > too expensive based on cost to weight ratios. Weight is no issue for sea
    > haulage....therefore cheaper. Based on a simple letter.......air mail costs more to
    > send than by surface. Same principals in play for larger goods. I am sure I can get
    > my quote down by further searches, but I doubt I will get it cheaper any other way
    > than by sea. Thanks for the advice though Denis. Many nights have I spent searching
    > and calling and collecting info. Sometimes I have considered only taking the bare
    > minimum to reduce costs, but some things just can't be replaced in America. I
    > advise all reading this post to keep looking around for the method which bets suits
    > each individuals needs. Just remember sea haulage is based on cargo capacity not
    > weight. So pack those boxes tightly lol.
    >
    > Thanks again Denis for your info on your costs. G
    >
    > Denis Barlow <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >>Gavin,
    >>
    >>Get a quote from PSS, my 6 boxes of stuff were about 3 to 4 cubic metres
    >>
    > and
    >
    >>it cost me less than $500 AIR freight!!
    >>
    >>Denis
    >>
    >>
    >>"gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>I am planning in taking most of my useable possesions when I finally get
    >>>
    >>to
    >>
    >>>going to the US from the UK. I am planning on using sea hauliers. The company I am
    >>>considering is called 1st Move International. I am sure
    >>>
    > Other
    >
    >>>European companies offer similar. The deal is simply this. As opposed to
    >>>
    >>air
    >>
    >>>freight, sea haulage charges you on volume taken and not weight. There
    >>>
    > is
    >
    >>>usually a basic minimum volume you can take....averages at 1 cubic metre
    >>>
    >>of
    >>
    >>>space. I got a quote for 7 cubic metres of possessions, to be collected
    >>>
    >>from
    >>
    >>>my home here and delivered to my new address in the US, roughly $2000. I have not
    >>>price compared around yet but thats a guideline. Shipping also deals with the
    >>>customs side of things when you inform them what your possessions contain. I have
    >>>no idea about the possible implications of
    >>>
    >>being
    >>
    >>>charged US tax on anything you may bring to the US, and I imagine this
    >>>
    > is
    >
    >>a
    >>
    >>>possibility. Shipping takes a lot longer than air freight, but is much cheaper if
    >>>you are taking a lot of things like books etc.....heavy but small. Shipping
    >>>hauliers can arrange all for you and thius company even
    >>>
    > do
    >
    >>> your packing (charge applies) if you want. They also provide free boxes
    >>> delivery charge only), and cater for special items such as bikes, large
    >>> paintings, mirrors etc. My advice is to do a net search in your country
    >>>
    > of
    >
    >>>origin for Haulage companies, or sea/air freight carriers.
    >>>
    >>>Good Luck with it all G
    >>>
    >>>Marieta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]...
    >>>
    >>>>When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US and
    >>>>i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have
    >>>>experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    >>>>i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind of
    >>>> service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    >>>> unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with the
    >>>> custom service in the US?
    >>>>
    >>>>Thanks for any helpful tip.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>

Old Apr 22nd 2002, 12:10 pm
Gavin.McCormack

Thanks for that info too Isa, I am actually taking quite a lot....probably around the
7-10 cubic metres capacity. For me to send that by air will cost way more than by
sea, and I ain't in any major hurry to receive it at the other end..a bonus. I think
for anyone moving abroad, the secret is to contact as many companies/alternatives as
possible and corner them into giving a quote. I think from this little thread alone,
it has become clear that depending on your goods, needs, weight, size etc etc, what
may suit one person may be less cost effective for another. So based on what I have
learned myself from trying to give as best advice as I know to someone else.......the
trick is to enquire, and get the companies to meet your own personal needs. All
customs advice was good to hear.....I had better declare those scotch whiskys then
LOL. Damn.......and I was trying to say it was all research as well LOL.

Thanks for all advice.....hope many people found it useful. G

IM <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Gavin and Marieta, You cannot really say that air is the more expensive way to
    > get your stuff to the US. Before I moved I worked for a company who did all, sea,
    > air and road transport. Of course I got special rates from all departments and for
    > the stuff I had (no furniture) air was the cheapest and fastest (nobody can truck
    > it from Europe to US anyway ). Mine was in Door/Door service and I got it within
    > 4 days after my arrival and 5 days after I had it picked up at my house in Germany.
    > If you have a copy of your visa and american customs forms (Power of Attorney)
    > attached to the Air/Sea loading bill thinkgs will go rather quickly. The service
    > you use should be able to supply you with everything you need. If you really feel
    > like it you can clear you stuff through customs yourself, but normally that's just
    > a hassle. Send a packing list for all pieces and state that it is all used, there
    > are not duties for used belongings. Should you have new items in there that are
    > obviously not for personal use (ie 200 shrinkwrapped boxes of personal stereos) you
    > put that on a seperate sheet and give the value per item as you will have to pay
    > duties for them. Here again ... DO NOT
    > LIE ... a lot of personal goods are opened by customs and if there is something
    > found they don't like it is very likely that you will not get all your stuff
    > back. (Had a client who wanted to bring some cuban cigars for a friend in the
    > US, did not declare them, found out that there was an embargo for all cuban
    > goods and got arrested when he wanted to pick his boxes up) If you have a lot
    > of items that are large and do not weigh much you my still have to pay for
    > volume when you fly it.(ratio is 1:6) Hope this helps, Isa
    >
    > gavin.mccormack wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks I am still getting quotes from many companies. The problem with
Air
    > > freight is it id calculated on weight, not cubic capacity. Therefore the load
    > > size is irrelevant, as its the weight that matters. Personally for
me I
    > > have many things which are very heavy.....mainly student and research
stuff.
    > > Air freight will be way too expensive based on cost to weight ratios.
Weight
    > > is no issue for sea haulage....therefore cheaper. Based on a simple
    > > letter.......air mail costs more to send than by surface. Same
principals in
    > > play for larger goods. I am sure I can get my quote down by further searches, but
    > > I doubt I will get it cheaper any other way than by sea. Thanks for the advice
    > > though Denis. Many nights have I spent searching
and
    > > calling and collecting info. Sometimes I have considered only taking the bare
    > > minimum to reduce costs, but some things just can't be replaced in America. I
    > > advise all reading this post to keep looking around for the method which bets
    > > suits each individuals needs. Just remember sea
haulage is
    > > based on cargo capacity not weight. So pack those boxes tightly lol.
    > >
    > > Thanks again Denis for your info on your costs. G
    > >
    > > Denis Barlow <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Gavin,
    > >>
    > >>Get a quote from PSS, my 6 boxes of stuff were about 3 to 4 cubic metres
    > >>
    > > and
    > >
    > >>it cost me less than $500 AIR freight!!
    > >>
    > >>Denis
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>"gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > >>>I am planning in taking most of my useable possesions when I finally
get
    > >>>
    > >>to
    > >>
    > >>>going to the US from the UK. I am planning on using sea hauliers. The company I
    > >>>am considering is called 1st Move International. I am sure
    > >>>
    > > Other
    > >
    > >>>European companies offer similar. The deal is simply this. As opposed
to
    > >>>
    > >>air
    > >>
    > >>>freight, sea haulage charges you on volume taken and not weight. There
    > >>>
    > > is
    > >
    > >>>usually a basic minimum volume you can take....averages at 1 cubic
metre
    > >>>
    > >>of
    > >>
    > >>>space. I got a quote for 7 cubic metres of possessions, to be collected
    > >>>
    > >>from
    > >>
    > >>>my home here and delivered to my new address in the US, roughly $2000.
I
    > >>>have not price compared around yet but thats a guideline. Shipping also deals
    > >>>with the customs side of things when you inform them what your possessions
    > >>>contain. I have no idea about the possible implications of
    > >>>
    > >>being
    > >>
    > >>>charged US tax on anything you may bring to the US, and I imagine this
    > >>>
    > > is
    > >
    > >>a
    > >>
    > >>>possibility. Shipping takes a lot longer than air freight, but is much cheaper
    > >>>if you are taking a lot of things like books etc.....heavy but small. Shipping
    > >>>hauliers can arrange all for you and thius company even
    > >>>
    > > do
    > >
    > >>> your packing (charge applies) if you want. They also provide free boxes
    > >>> delivery charge only), and cater for special items such as bikes,
large
    > >>>paintings, mirrors etc. My advice is to do a net search in your country
    > >>>
    > > of
    > >
    > >>>origin for Haulage companies, or sea/air freight carriers.
    > >>>
    > >>>Good Luck with it all G
    > >>>
    > >>>Marieta <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>>news:[email protected]...
    > >>>
    > >>>>When we are through with the K1 process i'm gonna move from Europe to the US
    > >>>>and i'd like to take a little more than 2 suitcases with me. Does anyone have
    > >>>>experience in shipping/sending/taking along STUFF
    > >>>>i.e. personal belongings, wedding gifts etc. from Europe to the US? What kind
    > >>>> of service deals with that usually? Or generally - is there an easy (and
    > >>>> unexpensive) way to take care of it and how are those things dealt with
    > >>>> the custom service in the US?
    > >>>>
    > >>>>Thanks for any helpful tip.
    > >>>>
    > >>>
    > >>
    > >

Old Apr 22nd 2002, 3:04 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Robbins & Sons of Swansea. They charged me 600 quid for something like 500kg sea freight. It took a while to get here but it all got here intact. Not a bad service.