Aos stuff

Old Apr 22nd 2002, 3:35 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aos stuff

Is it essential that my husband has health insurance on me and my son for the Aos proceedings? Also what about life insurance with me as the beneficiary? Do we need (me and my son) the hepatitus shots before the interview?
And one more...sorry...he now has a new job but before that he worked for six months for one firm, then 3 months for another and now he has been in a new job for the past 2 months. The tax returns meet the requirements of the Affidavit of support poverty guidelines also his income level is fine, so should this be a problem? His last tax return for 2000 scrapes us by with literally a couple of $$ to spare.

Thanks guys
Old Apr 22nd 2002, 5:10 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Aos stuff

"K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Is it essential that my husband has health insurance on me and my son for the Aos
    > proceedings? Also what about life insurance with me as the beneficiary? Do we need
    > (me and my son) the hepatitus shots before the interview? And one more...sorry...he
    > now has a new job but before that

Essential for what purpose? For the INS, no it doesn't matter - joint health
insurance is one of many many pieces of evidence of a valid marriage but if you don't
have it, it's just one less piece of evidence. For your health ... maybe! As for the
shots, the only requirement is that you are up to date on them. So, you don't need to
have completed the course, but if you should have had two by the AOS interview, you
need to have had two.

> he worked for six months for one firm, then 3 months for another and now he has
    > been in a new job for the past 2 months. The tax returns meet the requirements of
    > the Affidavit of support poverty guidelines also his income level is fine, so
    > should this be a problem? His last tax return for 2000 scrapes us by with literally
    > a couple of $$ to spare.

It should be fine. They will put the most weight on the current job.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.