Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping pets Europe to Texas

Shipping pets Europe to Texas

Old Sep 15th 2012, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping pets Europe to Texas

Originally Posted by supercarrie
There's a few comments which don't really make any point other than to say they don't like it (again). Seriously, if someone has already said what you're saying there is little point in repeating it!

Anyway clearly this is a divisive subject. Fact of the matter is, our cats are important to us, they are like children, and they'll get treated (and compared) as such! So for any response you give please consider whether you would apply that equally to a human child. All points I've made are valid and true whether you like them or not (note: considering them weak is a fairly poor response especially considering no counter-argument). I would add that I would probably be annoyed at a misbehaving cat in the cabin in the same way I would a misbehaving child.

I'm not going to change anyone's opinions and others aren't going to change mine, so I'm going to step back and let those who choose to rant, rant.

One last point: I would have preferred to use the QM2 and possibly then pet airways from east to west coast (note: we're going to the west coast). Unfortunately the QM2 is booked up for approximately 1 year and we were not quick enough to get any suitable slot.
To many of us on here our pets are members of our family...and yes they are like our children. The fact is they are not children...they are animals.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
To many of us on here our pets are members of our family...and yes they are like our children. The fact is they are not children...they are animals.
Can't karma you again so soon. Have some virtual Karma
Old Sep 15th 2012, 9:04 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite surprised at some of the responses of some on here. Whether you agree with it or not, they are doing something which is entirely within the rules of the carrier concerned. If you don't like the rules, I find it quite strange that you would choose to have that "debate" with the person who is following them.

As is so often quoted to those seeking visas who can't get them, the rules are the rules, and what you want doesn't matter.

You can politely ask someone to consider putting the cat in the hold - if it was me, that is what I would choose to do because it would be easier for me - but last time I checked, ganging up on someone generally isn't the best way to change someone's mind.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Charma1ne will become famous soon enoughCharma1ne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
I'm quite surprised at some of the responses of some on here. Whether you agree with it or not, they are doing something which is entirely within the rules of the carrier concerned. If you don't like the rules, I find it quite strange that you would choose to have that "debate" with the person who is following them.

As is so often quoted to those seeking visas who can't get them, the rules are the rules, and what you want doesn't matter.

You can politely ask someone to consider putting the cat in the hold - if it was me, that is what I would choose to do because it would be easier for me - but last time I checked, ganging up on someone generally isn't the best way to change someone's mind.
I 100% agree with you!!! It seems a few members have taken to trying to bully a point across...I am all for everyone having an opinion/suggestion but as you say they are doing something allowed if you feel so strongly about it then write to the airline?! They are the only ones who can change the policy.

Cx
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Egon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud ofEgon has much to be proud of

but last time I checked, ganging up on someone generally isn't the best way to change someone's mind.
A majority of people disagreeing with someone isn't automatically 'ganging up'.

She may well be within the rules, but when someone suggests not feeding a baby and imagines they're making a coherent, logical point, they're going to get people disagreeing.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supercarrie
In terms of allergies, I don't agree that is a reason not to take them. I could have hayfever but I'm not about to demand all grass is removed from public places. Sometimes you just have to put up and shut up. (on a side note I seriously doubt anyone will be affected to the degree you are talking about - however if you can provide some statistics on air circulation in typical planes, volume of hair shed per hour by cats, and percentage of the population affected by cat hair allergies, then I will be willing to discuss. Otherwise it's just an opinion and each individual will always believe themselves right)
The air is recirculated a lot...in modern planes, it's all recirculated air, about 50% of which is filtered, in the middle sections of the plane, so up front where they stick you with the animals/babies is the worst air on the plane.

Same with the water, it's filtered out of the shit tank, at least that does get sterilised before you wash your hands or have a shower in the posh Virgin first class flights.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

/

Originally Posted by Charma1ne
I 100% agree with you!!! It seems a few members have taken to trying to bully a point across...I am all for everyone having an opinion/suggestion but as you say they are doing something allowed if you feel so strongly about it then write to the airline?! They are the only ones who can change the policy.

Cx
So on a discussion forum 4 people disagreeing with 1 to 2 people is bullying?
Supercarrie...I am not unsympathetic with your love for your cats. I've had dogs for almost 40 years and have loved them all dearly. They are members of our family...but nonetheless they are dogs and there are certain lines that have to be drawn. For me it's not allowing them to sleep on/or in the bed...not to lick my hands, feet or face...others disagree with that.

I hope you have a good journey across the pond and wish you luck with your new life in the US.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 16th 2012 at 11:08 am. Reason: wrong name
Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:38 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Cute kittie.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:29 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Barbie Kitty.
I had a pic of our old kitty wearing Mr potato head glasses, she was a lot of fun, and let Dd dress her up.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Ailidh is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! I'm a newbie here - and some of the posters are incredibly helpful and I've been grateful for the advice.

But others... why bother to post on a thread about pets.. if you hate pets? I really don't care about your various little phobias and neuroses. Nor would I ever take into consideration your opinions - who are you? Just ignore the thread.

As for the guy who has made insulting remarks to me on numerous occasions.. and insulted posters on here... maybe you should consider doing something more interesting with your life as you are obviously miserable and bored out of your mind

Thanks to the helpful posters.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:08 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

That's the spirit! You'll fit right in here
Sorry your thread got hijacked, it was a quiet day on the site!
Just some banter, it happens a lot.

Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RICH
That's the spirit! You'll fit right in here
Sorry your thread got hijacked, it was a quiet day on the site!
Just some banter, it happens a lot.

Here I was.. thinking at least Brits are tolerant unlike my phobic, fixated, neurotic fellow countrymen and -women... Thanks for the encouraging word!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by Ailidh
Here I was.. thinking at least Brits are tolerant unlike my phobic, fixated, neurotic fellow countrymen and -women... Thanks for the encouraging word!
Are you French?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RICH
Are you French?
American! As my Scottish husband says... "only Americans have phobias"....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.