Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rude Restaurant Manners

Rude Restaurant Manners

Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rude Restaurant Manners

Originally Posted by snowbunny

I think Florida is on a different planet.

Parts of it certainly are. I think all the Northerners come down and here and act like pricks as do Brits on holiday. Only trouble is the northerners stay here. Actually the native floridians are normally pretty nice southern folks - very hospitable and well mannered. Its the Noo Yoikers/ Noo Joisians that have moved down here that generally seem to think they own the place and everyone in it. And their kids are bloody awful. Rude, bad mannered and obnoxious mostly.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:23 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
and yes (although I've never done it) we do spit in your food if you're a asshole.
Nice. Very nice indeed. Isn't a tip supposed to represent how pleased the diner is with the service? If so, if someone doesn't leave a very big tip because they were unhappy with the service, does this mean they are likely to have their food spat in next time? Remind me never to eat at your restaurant.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbark
Nice. Very nice indeed. Isn't a tip supposed to represent how pleased the diner is with the service? If so, if someone doesn't leave a very big tip because they were unhappy with the service, does this mean they are likely to have their food spat in next time? Remind me never to eat at your restaurant.
Tips are supposed to be...but like everything else it seems thesedays people simply expect it. pparently nothing needs be earned anymore since evryone is so deserving they should just get it.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:08 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Tips are supposed to be...but like everything else it seems thesedays people simply expect it. pparently nothing needs be earned anymore since evryone is so deserving they should just get it.
Not when I'm dining. Look after me and I'll tip. Piss me off and I'll leave pocket change. I think its funny when you go somewhere and you pay at the counter for food in advance and they have a space for a tip when they havent done anything service related. I guess I'm just a bad person
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:56 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Not when I'm dining. Look after me and I'll tip. Piss me off and I'll leave pocket change. I think its funny when you go somewhere and you pay at the counter for food in advance and they have a space for a tip when they havent done anything service related. I guess I'm just a bad person
Or the institution of adding a 15% gratutity to all parties over 6 in most places. Screw you...I'll tip well over 15% , but the service better be great.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Or just another arrogant American in their "quaint little town"
You are the definition of arrogant.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Oh god, not you again!!
Always!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh please stop you two so bloody funny.
Awww, and here I thought I'd turned a corner with you.....more work yet to be done.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, they probably thought you were a pratt!!
Um, is that what they call people that have manners in the UK?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dont say anything, she's been to the universally renown mecca of sophistication called "Harrogate"!! Who are we to disagree the the US version of Hyacinth Buckett.
Is that funny? Or is that the best you can do?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Seems I may not be in the minority after all!!
Perhaps you should read Sarah's post in this thread.....might give you a bit of insight from a fellow Brit.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You are the definition of arrogant.
Well I am British therefore I am by definition superior. But we have to let the unimportant people from the colonies have their say apparently now. Thats progress. Allegedly.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

I think Florida is on a different planet.
No one has ever walked into my house uninvited ..
child or adult... Can't really see where the problem lies.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I am British therefore I am by definition superior. But we have to let the unimportant people from the colonies have their say apparently now. Thats progress. Allegedly.
Stop it! Or I shall dump you're tea where the sun don't shine!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=izibear]When was the last time you were in the U.K., and a kid walked in your door, right past you, without even acknowledging you were there, headed for your refrigerator, helped himself to a drinkQUOTE]

In Florida I thought you were allowed to shoot people who come into your house and take your stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.