Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rosetta Stone

Rosetta Stone

Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:57 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rosetta Stone

Anyone interested in some part-time work, from home?
Rosetta Stone are hiring British speakers, resident in the US
10-12 hours per week online tuition, $20.00 an hour.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:15 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rosetta Stone

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Anyone interested in some part-time work, from home?
Rosetta Stone are hiring British speakers, resident in the US
10-12 hours per week online tuition, $20.00 an hour.
British English speakers, really? Cool.

I have the "Standard American English" accent, the accent they teach to American newscasters, only I seem to have come by it naturally. I can be understood by any English-speaking person in the world, because my accent is so standard and neutral, which makes me a good trainer for the huge international company I work for. People have told me that I'd be a good speaker for language lessons. Do you know of any openings for someone like me? (I can use the money to defray the visa-related fees!!)
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Speedwell
British English speakers, really? Cool.

I have the "Standard American English" accent, the accent they teach to American newscasters, only I seem to have come by it naturally. I can be understood by any English-speaking person in the world, because my accent is so standard and neutral, which makes me a good trainer for the huge international company I work for. People have told me that I'd be a good speaker for language lessons. Do you know of any openings for someone like me? (I can use the money to defray the visa-related fees!!)
Yes, all well and good but that is still not British English; which is quite distinct from your accent.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:50 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markwm
Yes, all well and good but that is still not British English; which is quite distinct from your accent.
British and American accents are not the same. Hmm, let me think about that. You know, I believe you're right!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What's involved in the online tuition?

Would be interested in this if I can fit it around the little people.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Speedwell
British and American accents are not the same. Hmm, let me think about that. You know, I believe you're right!
Am I? Am I really?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:16 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
What's involved in the online tuition?
Would be interested in this if I can fit it around the little people.
Below is the Craig's list posting
It is teaching Germans, so probably middle of the day timing, to match with after work in Germany
=============================
Online UK English Teacher- Rosetta Stone (Work From Home)
Rosetta Stone is currently looking for Online UK English Teachers to help with a new product offering. Candidate can be located anywhere in US.

They will teach a pure online class. This phase requires an individual to work with each of our customers about 10-12 hours a week for approximately 6 months. After the initial phase this temporary position has the potential for permanent part time status.

Teachers will have the experience and qualifications listed below and are responsible for not only testing the open studio product, but also giving feedback on activities and ideas that will shape content and software companion design.

• Native UK British English (not US English) Speaker
• Flexible schedule
• 4 year degree (preference for TESOL certificate)
• 3-5 years' experience teaching adult learners
• ESL teaching experience for corporate clients
o (Executive level client experience preferred)
• Proven ability to adapt content for client needs
o Curriculum development experience preferred.
• Very proficient with computers and internet technology. Online platform experience with webex, adobe or any other web conferencing solutions preferred.
• Open to testing new ideas and providing clear and detailed feedback.

Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws

Please apply here:http://jobs.rosettastone.com/jobs/778724-dashboard.aspx

Compensation: DOE
This is a part-time job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
=============================
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:20 pm
Mouthy Yank

They will teach a pure online class. This phase requires an individual to work with each of our customers about 10-12 hours a week for approximately 6 months. After the initial phase this temporary position has the potential for permanent part time status.

Teachers will have the experience and qualifications listed below and are responsible for not only testing the open studio product, but also giving feedback on activities and ideas that will shape content and software companion design.

• Native UK British English (not US English) Speaker
• Flexible schedule
• 4 year degree (preference for TESOL certificate)
• 3-5 years' experience teaching adult learners
• ESL teaching experience for corporate clients
o (Executive level client experience preferred)
• Proven ability to adapt content for client needs
o Curriculum development experience preferred.
• Very proficient with computers and internet technology. Online platform experience with webex, adobe or any other web conferencing solutions preferred.
• Open to testing new ideas and providing clear and detailed feedback.
Damn, except for the part about it being British English that they want, they basically quoted my CV. Thanks, kimilseung.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from teaching people bit, I'd say I'd have that in the bag then

Oh well, cheers for posting it
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:51 pm
He/him

As a scouser, I was relieved that I passed the accent interview. (2nd of 3 interviews, for a p/t job) I am guessing that what currently comes out of my mouth is far less scouser sounding than how it sounds in my head.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Apart from teaching people bit, I'd say I'd have that in the bag then

Oh well, cheers for posting it
I haven't taught corporate clients so that lets me out.
Originally Posted by kimilseung
As a scouser, I was relieved that I passed the accent interview. (2nd of 3 interviews, for a p/t job) I am guessing that what currently comes out of my mouth is far less scouser sounding than how it sounds in my head.
Good luck Kim. It sounds interesting.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I like their apparent business model. In fact, I like the idea of making languages easy. Period. (sic).

Very interesting info, although I don't think I am up for the job.