Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rockefeller Tree Lighting

Rockefeller Tree Lighting

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

pickledpossum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rockefeller Tree Lighting

Hi, does anybody know who is performing/switching on the lights tonight? I have heard rumours of Britney, Miley and Jonas Brothers being there and so was going to take my 10 and 8 year old kids. I have trawled the internet to get more info but no one actually says who is switching them on.

If its Harry Connick Jr then I don't think they will be too happy standing around in the cold for 3 hours!!

Anybody been to the switch on before?

PP
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rockefeller Tree Lighting

last year was mad mad mad - hard to get close so gave up and watched on TV!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I work two blocks east of Rock Plaza and have never gone to see the tree being lite.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

pickledpossum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big D
last year was mad mad mad - hard to get close so gave up and watched on TV!
Just heard on tv that Harry C Jnr and Tony Bennett will be performing - no mention of the teeny boppers so think I'll give it a miss as the kids will be disappointed with only a couple of crooners!!

Will watch it on tv with a lovely glass of red and a nice warm fire
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Swisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud of

when is this to take place?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:47 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pickledpossum
Just heard on tv that Harry C Jnr and Tony Bennett will be performing -
Oh I LOVE them both! Wish I could make it!!! Beats the hell outta the teeny bop stuff ( mind you I appreciate the kids wont thinks so)
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:12 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pickledpossum
Just heard on tv that Harry C Jnr and Tony Bennett will be performing - no mention of the teeny boppers so think I'll give it a miss as the kids will be disappointed with only a couple of crooners!!

Will watch it on tv with a lovely glass of red and a nice warm fire
I definitely heard CNN mention Miley and Jonas Brothers this morning as well as these two.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

I work about 30 seconds from there so i just went to take a look....it was only 2pm and it was already busy! My gf wants us to go after work...i have a feeling we wont get anywhere near and will have to go home to watch it on tv..
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:55 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

It can be chaos around there on a normal evening. Wouldn't consider it with young kids as it will likely get cold, they will get bored and probably won't see much with all the tall people in the way.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

I went for a couple of beers after work, and decided to see if I could get anywhere near it just to say I'd seen it......closest I got was the corner outside my office (50th and 6th).....it was utter chaos. The police did a very good job of herding everyone around and keeping it safe, but I really dont understand how anyone could go that. It seemed to be full of the kind of people that go to Times Sq for new years eve...