Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Roadtrip MA-IN via CT/NY/NJ/PA/MD/VA/WV/OH/IN/IL/MI/NY/MA

Roadtrip MA-IN via CT/NY/NJ/PA/MD/VA/WV/OH/IN/IL/MI/NY/MA

Old Jul 8th 2013, 3:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roadtrip MA-IN via CT/NY/NJ/PA/MD/VA/WV/OH/IN/IL/MI/NY/MA

Originally Posted by Hiro11

Glad you liked Chicago. The winters are really no worse than New England, despite the hype. Why Navy Pier, why? The definitive tourist trap. Science and Industry would have been a better bet, trust me next time.
FIL and I caught the game, the missus and MIL had a few hours to catch and wanted to do the Pier, they enjoyed it but froze doing a boat ride.

Did walk some serious miles and loved it. Definitely one city I'd love to come back to and was the biggest surprise that I enjoyed it so much. Perhaps if we had more time in the future would be nice to do the Tower, but didn't think it was worth wasting the couple hours waiting when we only had such a short stay.

Some cracking art museums too that we poked into along the way and so many more that we'd like to check out.

Would also definitely like to see more of West Virginia and Virginia, that's one state that I knocked off in the end as it was going to be a bit more of a detour heading down and across than I wanted for day 2, but the kids did well after the first day. Though leaving at 2am to arrive in PA for breakfast was interesting, quite surprised by the number of cops they had out on the road at the crazy O Clock.