Road Trip

Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:07 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Road Trip

It's that time of year again my the wife and I take a road trip to Louisiana. We have to take her kids to her ex after she lost her custody battle to a Texas midget cowboy wannabe.

Anyways, we only have to drive to Monroe but we always stop off at the Battlefield Inn in Vicksburg Mississippi.

If anyone is in the area this Saturday night (Oct 16th), drop in for a drink. It'd be great to meet some sane people

Last edited by rincewind; Oct 14th 2004 at 9:03 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road Trip

Originally Posted by rincewind
If anyone is in the area this Saturday night (Oct 16th), drop in for a drink. It'd be great to meet some sane people
Bit of a roadtrip
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:09 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Bit of a roadtrip
Yep. It's over 1500 miles round trip. We leave Saturday morning and will do the drop off around 6.00pm which means we get back to the Battlefield Inn at around 7:00pm.

We usually get pissed in the bar and then hit the road again the next morning and be back Sunday night.

It sounds bad but we're both looking forward to a little time to ourselves, it's been one heck of a couple of years.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. It's over 1500 miles round trip. We leave Saturday morning and will do the drop off around 6.00pm which means we get back to the Battlefield Inn at around 7:00pm.
Ouch, that's a long drive for a weekend...be having one of those never ending barrels of coffee from McD's huh

Had a mate wanted to come up to Maine from west virginia, he just didn't realise that it was gonna be a straight 22hr drive if he hauled arse, so in the end, he didn't bother *l*

Have a safe trip
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Bob
Ouch, that's a long drive for a weekend...be having one of those never ending barrels of coffee from McD's huh

Had a mate wanted to come up to Maine from west virginia, he just didn't realise that it was gonna be a straight 22hr drive if he hauled arse, so in the end, he didn't bother *l*

Have a safe trip
I will.

I've driven it in the past so it isn't too bad. I just use the mile markers to count down how far it is to go before getting to the State lines.

The only part of the journey I don't like (not including bathroom stops for kids and the wife......why can't they hold it for 6 hours like I can??) is the 3 hours from Atlanta to my home town on the way back. I travel south on I-16 heading towards Savannah and man it seems to take forever. Plus you have to look out for deer at that time of the night :scared:
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I've driven it in the past so it isn't too bad. I just use the mile markers to count down how far it is to go before getting to the State lines.

Plus you have to look out for deer at that time of the night :scared:
Hehe...mile markers...yeah, scary thing over here, once you've left the state of maine, nothing seems that far, just takes forever to get anywhere once you hit this state, it's huge and has nothing...going down to CT to see friends graduation thingy, 7.5Hr, 5.5Hr of that was getting out the state *l*

And deer, yeah, there a major problem, had a few close calls myself, just glad you can at least see the eyes, unlike with the stupid moose *l*