Reviews of letting agents?

Reviews of letting agents?

Old May 22nd 2008, 6:59 pm
pid
Just Joined

pid is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Reviews of letting agents?

Hello,

My parents are going to be letting out their house in Sussex and moving over here to the US. I want to see if I can help smooth out the situation for them as there are many things in motion for them right now.

I've searched on BE and the web and although I see people sharing their own experiences with different letting agents, I was wondering if there was kind of an epinions.com or consumerreports.org for letting and property management in the south of England.

I just see a whole ton of companies with their own websites saying how good they are, I haven't seen any kind of comparison or user reviews.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

PID
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reviews of letting agents?

welcome to BE

Have a search through the moving back to UK forum and the wiki, might be some info in that part of the site
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

San Anglais will become famous soon enough

Letting agents tend to operate more locally than just 'the south of england'

There are som nationwide chains, but I think the majority are city/county wide.

The best thing I can advise is to search for rental properties in the area in question on the following websites:

www.rightmove.co.uk
www.findaproperty.com
www.primelocation.com

...and you will probably see the same names of letting agents cropping up again and again. It should give you a base list to start from at least.

I'm trying to work this the other way round actually. I'm looking for letting agents in the US (Lake Forest, CA) and I can't find any websites anywhere near as useful as the ones I posted above from the UK.

I don't suppose you know of any similar American versions?
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by San Anglais

I don't suppose you know of any similar American versions?
the usual realtor sites and apartment rental sites.

http://usa.accommodationforstudents....agents_USA.asp That's a bit general, but it'll link to info.