Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK in a hurry

Wikiposts

Returning to the UK in a hurry

Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to the UK in a hurry

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Sorry, but you lost your right to the title of 'human being' when you committed your crime!
What? When did that law get passed?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:58 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
What? When did that law get passed?
Wall, fellers whose hands were hacked off for theft ain't really fully human anymore, iffen you know what I mean. Feller should be durn glad he wasn't just shot at sunrise and his wife and kiddies traded to the Red Injuns. That's justice in these here parts, ain't it? (Yank spits tobacco juice on the rough wooden floor of the saloon...)

(Yes, I'm being snarky. Guindalf, I'm surprised at you.)
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

He got his answer about the Passport, everything else is well beyond my knowledge and I am going to guess anybody elses on here.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Sorry, but you lost your right to the title of 'human being' when you committed your crime!

...and you lost your position of having people rely on you when you failed a drug test while on probation!

Man up. Do the right thing for once. Give yourself up and get into rehab. Then MAYBE, you can win back the privilege if being a husband and father.
All that might just be possible with competent legal representation and enough time ahead of any possible parole violation warrant. Time is of the essence, legal representation has to be the #1 priority. In this case there are several factors that might be of assistance to keep the OP out of prison: father, husband, taxpayer/ employer .... all matters in jeopardy if the OP is incarcerated again. I have no idea if anything can be done, but running away will achieve very little of a positive nature, if anything at all.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 8th 2013 at 8:37 am.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

What was that phrase from that old book some folks read?

something about the first person casting a stone being without sin or somesuch.

Not sure it said anything about being a non-human for doing something against laws that hadn't been invented then though.

Now I don't condone crime or criminals (I've today been told that the scumbag who smashed my car up whilst drunk will pay me back in compensation, it'll only take him 6 years to do so while I help pay him for being on the dole) but to suddenly become non-human is a bit far.

Where is the society where everyone takes responsibility for their own actions?
I want to move there.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, well. I guess I'm still jet-lagged, suffering from a head cold and cellulitis! I'm taking so many pills that I rattle at the moment!

Not that it's any excuse.

I've always managed to stay clear of the law and sometimes when I skirted it, was prepared to take responsibility for my indiscretions. It annoys me some when people say "I'm reformed now" and then fail a drug test. No, you're not reformed - you got caught! So what's the answer? Flee the country? No, don't think so.

As for the 'cast the first stone' comment, I've never been convicted of a CIMT and spent several years in jail. In fact, apart from a visit as a kid, I've never even been in jail - or charged with anything more than speeding.

I'll go away and take a cool shower now.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has been given sound advice to seek legal help. I think this thread has now run it's course.

Thread closed.