Reload this Page >

Currecy Fair

Currecy Fair

Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:31 am
Just Joined

JimBeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currecy Fair

Anyone used these guys?

Looking to transfer a decent chunk from UK to the US before I move there next month.

I have used Travelex previously for a small amount. Worked well, but the rate isn't so good.

Any other exchange firms recommended?

Cheers
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

JimBeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Currecy Fair

Hey. Thanks folks. Will check them out.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

mikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nicemikewest is just really nice

I use currencyfair on a monthly basis to transfer money from the US to Ireland. I find them very good and so far no problems. Decent rate and very low fees
Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:31 pm
Vendor

Joe_Lowry7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JimBeam
Anyone used these guys?

Looking to transfer a decent chunk from UK to the US before I move there next month.

I have used Travelex previously for a small amount. Worked well, but the rate isn't so good.

Any other exchange firms recommended?

Cheers
Hi JimBeam, We are the new currency partners of British Expats and we now have special offers on for any British expats members. Please inbox me for details of the offer.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

ClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to all

Related question: If I have double figure thousands in a UK bank account and transfer it to the U.S. (might be cashing out soon if the dollar dives on a default) - what will my tax liability for the transfer be? Or will I just pay tax on the interest?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:13 pm
Vendor

Joe_Lowry7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClevelandBrown
Related question: If I have double figure thousands in a UK bank account and transfer it to the U.S. (might be cashing out soon if the dollar dives on a default) - what will my tax liability for the transfer be? Or will I just pay tax on the interest?

Hi ClevelandBrown, can you elaborate a bit more? and I may be able to advise or help
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There is no tax on funds transfers between the UK and the US. Period. If you are resident in the US, or are a US citizen, the interest should be included on your US tax return anyway, whether it is remitted to the US or not.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

ClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pulaski
There is no tax on funds transfers between the UK and the US. Period. If you are resident in the US, or are a US citizen, the interest should be included on your US tax return anyway, whether it is remitted to the US or not.
Indeed, I have been paying (far too much ) tax on the interest.

Originally Posted by Joe_Lowry7
Hi ClevelandBrown, can you elaborate a bit more? and I may be able to advise or help
I have ~£XXk in a savings acct in the UK. When I moved to the U.S. the exchange rate was crap (£1/$1.45) so I kept hold of it waiting for a change in the rate. It has obviously improved a lot since and might get even better if Congress lets the U.S. default and the dollar dives.

So I'm potentially looking at moving it over to the U.S. but I didn't know whether I'd be charged tax on the transfer by the IRS.

Last edited by ClevelandBrown; Oct 7th 2013 at 4:58 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... I didn't know whether I'd be charged tax on the transfer by the IRS.
You won't. ..... But for some mysterious reason Joey seems to think that sharing information that is already in the public domain should be confined to private messages.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

We are the new currency partners of British Expats and we now have special offers on for any British expats members. Please inbox me for details of the offer.
Are you licensed to trade in all 50 US States?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JimBeam, We are the new currency partners of British Expats and we now have special offers on for any British expats members. Please inbox me for details of the offer.
Originally Posted by lansbury
Are you licensed to trade in all 50 US States?
This is very important.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
This is very important.
Yeah, this is the reason a lot of the other big outfits don't deal with the US, or will every state at least so you see them dealing with the popular coastal ones, but the ones in the middle seem to be ignored.

Think it was you who found that out recently wasn't it? And was the case of one of the previous currency vendor sponsors on BE.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, this is the reason a lot of the other big outfits don't deal with the US, or will every state at least so you see them dealing with the popular coastal ones, but the ones in the middle seem to be ignored.

Think it was you who found that out recently wasn't it? And was the case of one of the previous currency vendor sponsors on BE.
Yup, <snip> are not currently licensed in AZ.

One suspects that licensing is not a trivial matter to obtain.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 9th 2013 at 2:14 pm. Reason: Removed company name because they keep spamming
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:50 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Yup, Worldfirst are not currently licensed in AZ.

One suspects that licensing is not a trivial matter to obtain.
Make you wonder why this is State specific.<snip> happily send me money to Oregon so what is different about AZ. When this cropped up with difficulty getting money sent over it was claimed to be because of Federal changes. If it was a Federal regulation which caused this what is it that brings it down to individual States. I can't imagine there are so many more people in OR changing currency than in AZ to make it worthwhile ** being licensed here, as opposed to AZ.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 9th 2013 at 2:15 pm. Reason: Removed company name as they keep spamming
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lansbury
Make you wonder why this is State specific. ** happily send me money to Oregon so what is different about AZ. When this cropped up with difficulty getting money sent over it was claimed to be because of Federal changes. If it was a Federal regulation which caused this what is it that brings it down to individual States. I can't imagine there are so many more people in OR changing currency than in AZ to make it worthwhile ** being licensed here, as opposed to AZ.
Part of it may be that they need a trading presence in the state. Even setting up a po box virtual office is time consuming and expensive.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 9th 2013 at 2:16 pm. Reason: As above

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.