Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Renewing British Passport?

Renewing British Passport?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:22 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing British Passport?

Originally Posted by Ray
I think she did and so did I they are not clear.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I think she did and so did I they are not clear.
Seems quite clear to me ..and Im stupid ....
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:33 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Seems quite clear to me ..and Im stupid ....
Ray it's not

If you go to my thread you will see which questions are unclear!

Plus what fee?? look at them too is it $220 or $265 I think it was.

Do we have to have signed photos?? because we are sending in the old passport.

Birth cert yes or no...
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray it's not

Birth cert yes or no...
Ok ..are you renewing or changing name
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Ok ..are you renewing or changing name
Your going to guide me through this aren't you

Changing my maiden name to married name (even thou I am divorced)
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:41 pm
Ray

Your going to guide me through this aren't you

Changing my maiden name to married name (even thou I am divorced)
Umm ..that could construed the wrong way
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Umm ..that could construed the wrong way
What do you mean I kept my married name when I divorced all my documents are in my married name except my passport thats why I going to send the divorce papers..
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so my latest photo bears absolutely no resemblance to the hippy on my last passport so I checked the list of acceptable countersigs ...

doctor ... wouldnt know me from adam
bank officer ... cant even remember the last time i walked into my bank
JP ... the one who sent my son to jail 3 years ago ? No
Minister .. as previously stated .. dont do church
lawyer ... you mean the nice folks 300 miles away who called to let us know our foreclosure was complete and we had 6 months to get out of the house ?
School teacher ... no kids in school
police officer ... even with this being a small town I'm not known to any local police officers
Previous employer .... ran off to Costa Rica to avoid tax evasion charges ...

ok so seems like i've exhausted most of the possibilities .... if anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them.

Sorry to sound so negative but I'm ready to pull my hair out over this !

Jan
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:50 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Ok so my latest photo bears absolutely no resemblance to the hippy on my last passport so I checked the list of acceptable countersigs ...

lawyer ... you mean the nice folks 300 miles away who called to let us know our foreclosure was complete and we had 6 months to get out of the house ?
police officer ... even with this being a small town I'm not known to any local police officers

ok so seems like i've exhausted most of the possibilities .... if anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them.

Jan
difficult ..I had the same problem for my country ..
I used a notary public in the end ....
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:52 pm
Ray

What do you mean I kept my married name when I divorced all my documents are in my married name except my passport thats why I going to send the divorce papers..
The question must be ..why did you not change your passport when married ..just trying to cover the obvious
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
difficult ..I had the same problem for my country ..
I used a notary public in the end ....
My room-mate is Notary but it was suggested to me that it was not possible to use a US notary for a british passport as it would not be recognised!!

The sheriff lives next door.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

Ray it's not

Birth cert yes or no...
Poppy - I'm with you

Some parts are clear and other parts are not so clear.

I've got my passport photo's done, now to find someone to sign them !! LOL

You only have to get updated photo's if you have changed a lot from your last photo's. IF you look pretty much the same, then don't bother, so, then that bit is out of the way !! LOL

I did as my curly hair is no longer curly and it's a different color, plus my old photo looks terrible. But, my new photo's don't look much better ! LOL

As to the fee I see $265, that includes postage for them to send it back.

It seems from here and other places I've asked, some get their photo's signed and some don't bother. I don't know anyone from UK to ask that's a professional, so, going to ask my daughters USA teacher, as they say that will do.

My stumbling block is deciding what they mean by RECENT when they talk about expired. Someone said they felt 2006 was not recent, but, I don't think it would have been very hard for the site to give a time period of what THEY consider recent.

I have no idea where my FULL birth certificate is and sending off for one will delay this even further. The site gives a phone number, but, the help line has been contracted out to a private company and costs US about $3 a MINUTE to call them, all I need is for them to put me on hold !! LOL

Elaine
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
The question must be ..why did you not change your passport when married ..just trying to cover the obvious
Because there was no need to I used my Green Card and took my marriage cert with me but I keep getting hassle when I go back to the UK at the airports...I have no other use for a british passport in the US except to leave the place.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jan_michigan

Jan
Postman ???

Barber ??

Dentist ??

UPS man ?

Bookie !! LOL

Dry Cleaner ?

All professional
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by ukelaine
Postman ???

Barber ??

Dentist ??

UPS man ?

Bookie !! LOL

Dry Cleaner ?

All professional
I am a so called professional business woman I'll sign it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.