Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Removal price to NC

Removal price to NC

Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Vinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really nice
Default Removal price to NC

Hi there
I have just had a company come to my place in the UK and quote me to move my items to North Carolina. they have quoted £3,200 to ship 520 cubic feet of furniture by sea. Does this price sound competitive? It sounds a lot to me if I'm honest..so tempted to just sell the items here at home and then take the items I really need like our clothes, paperwork, personal belongings like jewellery etc...
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:02 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Removal price to NC

Originally Posted by Vinnyvagus
Hi there
I have just had a company come to my place in the UK and quote me to move my items to North Carolina. they have quoted £3,200 to ship 520 cubic feet of furniture by sea. Does this price sound competitive? It sounds a lot to me if I'm honest..so tempted to just sell the items here at home and then take the items I really need like our clothes, paperwork, personal belongings like jewellery etc...
I would add up the value of what you are planning to take and take it from there, usually a lot of furniture is not worth shipping when I moved here in 1999 I came with a suitcase and got rid of the rest, glad I did.