Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Removal firms (from UK to US)

Removal firms (from UK to US)

Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal firms (from UK to US)

Does this win the prize for the oldest thread resurrected?
Old Mar 18th 2006, 5:06 am
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

SHipped 50 boxes, took about 7 weeks, cost about $1200 with insurance.
Nice.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 12:40 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fatalis
Hi all.....well I’ve been lurking here for long enough so i guess its time to make a contribution

I used "Abacus" in Southampton and cant recommend them enough......got my stuff yesterday after shipping it from the UK over Xmas...total charge was 1086 GBP including insurance....that was for around 1200 cubic foot, packed and wrapped by the shippers
Didn’t have to pay until everything was packed and loaded and they were quick and friendly both sides of the pond...and they kept in touch during the whole operation even down to the exact time they would arrive at the door this end

The thought of shipping my stuff was causing me more stress then any other part of my move here and at the end of the day it turned out to be the smoothest
Which US company did the work at this end? (would be helpful for people going back in the opposite direction).
Old Mar 18th 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Derbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really niceDerbys12 is just really nice
Smile Re: Removal firms (from UK to US)

Well i been in touch with a company local to me, after trying all the expensive ones.
I will have tea chest of toysx2, books x2, 2 pc's, 3 with clothing, and thats it!.

To move from Derbyshire to Kalamazoo/Michigan they quoted me£585!!

Best i've had yet!..
If anyone local to Sheffield or Chesterfield let me know if u need the Link.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Fatalis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dunroving
Which US company did the work at this end? (would be helpful for people going back in the opposite direction).

Was .....CONTOUR LOGISTICS INC. 2950 TURNPIKE DR, STE 19, HATBORO PA 19040

T. 215-957-9701 / F. 215-957-9702 WWW.CONTOUR-USA.COM