REMO

Old Sep 5th 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

mumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nice
Default REMO

Hi - does anyone have experience of applying for maintenance arrears from UK to the US? My ex owes thousands in arrears and I have submitted a claim through REMO with UK court order etc. It has now been 6 months since the application went to NY with no response. Does anyone have any ideas on timescale or if there is any more I could be doing?
Thanks all
Old Sep 6th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REMO

Originally Posted by mumstheword
Hi - does anyone have experience of applying for maintenance arrears from UK to the US? My ex owes thousands in arrears and I have submitted a claim through REMO with UK court order etc. It has now been 6 months since the application went to NY with no response. Does anyone have any ideas on timescale or if there is any more I could be doing?
Thanks all
I currently, well until Oct 16, work for the courts in the UK and I actually work as part of the enforcement team which includes fines and maintenance. I work on the fines side of things but sit with people who do the maintenance stuff. It you want to PM me I can make enquiries at work with the maintenance team when I am back in the office on Wednesday. My team covers Northamptonshire but I can get general advice for you and an idea of timescales.

Last edited by SarahG; Sep 6th 2009 at 6:51 am. Reason: missed a bit
Old Sep 6th 2009, 1:33 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumstheword
Thanks all
Strange you should post this as I was just about to ask the exact same question!!!! I am debating to make a claim through REMO as my ex has decided to not pay any child support what so ever but I have doubts as to how effective it will be, I kind of guessed it would take some time but 6 months and to hear nothing?! I will be curious to see how you get on with this.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Strange you should post this as I was just about to ask the exact same question!!!! I am debating to make a claim through REMO as my ex has decided to not pay any child support what so ever but I have doubts as to how effective it will be, I kind of guessed it would take some time but 6 months and to hear nothing?! I will be curious to see how you get on with this.
In my part of the world back in the 70s we just sent a baseball bat carrying
team of persuaders to visit ...always seemed to work ...
Old Sep 6th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

mumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nicemumstheword is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
hmmmm...sounds a good plan but New York is a bit far!!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

unrelated is an unknown quantity at this point

find anything with google if you look hard enough.... worryly.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The US signed a treaty with the UK in 2007 concerning child support enforcement. You probably should contact your Child Support Enforcement Office (IV-D Agency) at your local Department of Human Services for assistance. Do a web search for Department of Human Services with your home state.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/americanservices/?p=376
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:28 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I wish!