Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Relocation questions

Relocation questions

Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation questions

Originally Posted by meauxna
Maybe this will set your mind at ease:
Attending for a non immigrant visa interview at the US Embassy in London? This video tells you what to expect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzZOvF1EEXE
Thanks meauxna. I saw the video and found it....interesting!
I generally don't like interviews. As it is husband who is getting the H1B I am not sure what, if any, questions they could have for me!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Thanks meauxna. I saw the video and found it....interesting!
I generally don't like interviews. As it is husband who is getting the H1B I am not sure what, if any, questions they could have for me!
Q: "Are you married?"
A: "yes"

Thank you, here's your visa.

It's not an 'interview' the way most of us think of that word. they mostly need to get eyeballs on you, check if there are any questions from your paperwork, confirm a couple of answers you've already given and that's that.
Most people call it a non event or anticlimax.

I'm glad you posted that thread; I'd been meaning to sticky that, so thank you!
I did nearly link to your thread, sorry I used your words! :
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624696
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Congrats on finding somewhere to live!
I am hopeful husband will be able to find us somewhere when he goes to Indianapolis on Oct 1. At moment we are both a bit nervous about tomorrows visit to Embassy so have not spent quite so much time online looking at places to live or furniture to buy/rent!
Good luck!
I'm sure all will be fine :-)
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

T1naD is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your feedback everyone. I did think a year's rent in advance was excessive, but it's good to have it confirmed. NYCbound, congrats on finding a house.
SaragG1976, let me know how your interview goes. We have our appt with the embassy in a couple of weeks time.

Last edited by T1naD; Aug 14th 2009 at 2:32 pm.