Registering Marriage in Spain and Moving with AOS

Registering Marriage in Spain and Moving with AOS

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:07 pm
jfc
Just Joined

jfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registering Marriage in Spain and Moving with AOS

Hello,

I am new to this forum. My husband (spanish) and I (american) were married last year in the US. We are planning on having a religious ceremony in Spain in about a month.

I have 2 questions:

1.- Last February, we sent a number of documents per the request of the Spanish Consulate in Miami in order to "register" our marriage in Spain, and receive our "family book". However, we have not received a confirmation, the book, or anything.

Has anyone else done this? I have been trying to call the Miami Consulate, but they are very difficult to reach (no one answers the phone).

2.- We are currently living in Atlanta, and his AOS has been "in the works" for about a year now. We are thinking about moving to NYC. Does anyone know where I can find some information about how this will affect our timeline? Will he have to re-apply for his temporary work authorization? Advanced Parole, etc?

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer