Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK credit report and score

UK credit report and score

Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK credit report and score

I was looking on the British site of equifax (www.equifax.co.uk) and decided to check out my UK credit report and score, and was pleasantly surprised how good it is! Much cheaper at 11 quid for both than here...equifax charge about $30 for the same here!

Just thought you might want to know!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:23 am
Visa in hand!!!

sohosid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK credit report and score

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
I was looking on the British site of equifax (www.equifax.co.uk) and decided to check out my UK credit report and score, and was pleasantly surprised how good it is! Much cheaper at 11 quid for both than here...equifax charge about $30 for the same here!

Just thought you might want to know!
Since it was the British site, was this your UK credit score? If so, what use is that, as you can't take that with you to the US can you?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sohosid
Since it was the British site, was this your UK credit score? If so, what use is that, as you can't take that with you to the US can you?
It was the British site. I did it out of curiosity, but thought it may be of use to those either trying to establish credit here or those about to come over. You never know, you might be able to get equifax in the USA to give you some credit for having a good one in the UK.......
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:50 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

just to let you know - you've got a bit confused....

to get your equifax credit report and score in the USA is $14.95 (about 9 quid)

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
It was the British site. I did it out of curiosity, but thought it may be of use to those either trying to establish credit here or those about to come over. You never know, you might be able to get equifax in the USA to give you some credit for having a good one in the UK.......
Old Oct 26th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
just to let you know - you've got a bit confused....

to get your equifax credit report and score in the USA is $14.95 (about 9 quid)

Oh yeah...the three credit agency report was $30.....
My mistake.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Ruthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of curiosity also, would anyone happen to know if you do succesfully manage to end up in the states moving from the UK, does your credit history follow you over there or do you literally start from scratch like have to built a whole new credit file.......the reason i was asking is that my brother has just moved out to states and has left a little debt behind, i just wondered where that would leave him if he ever decides to come back to England.....not that he would ever want to!!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruthy
Just out of curiosity also, would anyone happen to know if you do succesfully manage to end up in the states moving from the UK, does your credit history follow you over there or do you literally start from scratch like have to built a whole new credit file.......the reason i was asking is that my brother has just moved out to states and has left a little debt behind, i just wondered where that would leave him if he ever decides to come back to England.....not that he would ever want to!!
You start from scratch....I thought bringing over banking info might help, but have been told that's not the case.
Debt in the UK, if they wanted, could chase him up on it over here through the courts, and then, that would get on his US credit history and look bad.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Ruthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
You start from scratch....I thought bringing over banking info might help, but have been told that's not the case.
Debt in the UK, if they wanted, could chase him up on it over here through the courts, and then, that would get on his US credit history and look bad.
Thankyou bob for your reply, i am very new to this site but it seems the majority of people who post on here are really really helpful, I am seriously thinking of trying to get over to the states too and after reading through peoples comments on this site i am finding out it is a lot harder than people seem to think, i was going to try and find out if there is any websites or contacts that people know of on trying to find a visa sponsor but i will probably post that question on a more relevant conversation.
Thanks anyway
Ru
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruthy
... am seriously thinking of trying to get over to the states too and after reading through peoples comments on this site i am finding out it is a lot harder than people seem to think, i was going to try and find out if there is any websites or contacts that people know of on trying to find a visa sponsor but i will probably post that question on a more relevant conversation.
Thanks anyway
Ru
Yup post in the visa section.
Well if you've got a degree, H1B work based visa would do it, get a sponsor for that, be a couple grand, couldn't apply till next year as the quota already been filled, and even when they open applications in april.may next year, visa's won't be available till next Oct.
Not easy getting in here at all...other options, marry a yank, get a company transfer, invest in a company. None are straight forward and easy though.