Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Registering with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Registering with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

RickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really nice
Default Re: Registering with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Form apparently designed by a moron, it tells me that I have to have TWO nationalities in the passport section.
There are 2 required answers... the first I state "BC* for Brit Cit

& then below it it asks for nationality if NOT a BC... which is also a required answer.

WTF?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RickWG
Form apparently designed by a moron, it tells me that I have to have TWO nationalities in the passport section.
There are 2 required answers... the first I state "BC* for Brit Cit

& then below it it asks for nationality if NOT a BC... which is also a required answer.

WTF?
hi RickWG - Ive just had a look
Guess we put British again...
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:16 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

surely they know where I live considering they just sent me a passport?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
surely they know where I live considering they just sent me a passport?
Go to the Foreign and Commonwealth website for more info and you will see what it is they are looking for and what they provide
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ng-safe/Locate

Link to the Foreign and Commonwealth office site for those who wish to register

I emailed them regarding the fact that you have to give a return date and received a really nice mail back stating that they are aware of this and are working on updating the system for overseas residents

In the meantime if you wish to register just

Go to 'Add new trip' on your registrant profile page. On the form for adding a trip:

[*]choose the appropriate destination
[*]Set the 'Duration' option as 'at least 90 days'
[*]Set the arrival and departure dates one year apart

You can also add family members to your account
Hope this helps those who are interested.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:49 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Go to the Foreign and Commonwealth website for more info and you will see what it is they are looking for and what they provide
no thanks.