Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Red Robins???

Wikiposts

Red Robins???

Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red Robins???

forgot to add for the RR fans... sign up for the eclub thingy on their web site and you get a free burger on your birthday

Ash
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:16 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I saw RR mentioned on another post on here the other day and never paid much attention because I had never heard of them before... anyhow tonight I had to make a detour on the way home from work and past one.

My questions are they any good, average or a no-no? also are they expensive? I looked at their web site they had a menu but no prices are we talking Applebees kinda prices or more like planet hollywood prices? Hubby loves a good burger and they sell fish and chips so it would be some where new for us to try.

Ash

Hey Ash, Red Robin burgers are pretty good as burgers go but once you've tried a Fuddruckers, burgers really don't get much better ...good fun trying them all though eh...take care and enjoy
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Nowt special, but if you like burgers I'd recommend you give them a go. Don't go much on In'n'Out burger either - and I don't appreciate the preaching either (just look at the base of their cups).

Now what I do like is a local burger chain called Taxis - their burgers are fantastic.

But if I was looking to spend $8 on a meal out at a chain restaurant, I don't think you can beat Cheesecake Factory. They have a very extensive range of main courses, and quite a few can be had for under $10 - and the portions are huge. Only trouble is you have to wait to get a table usually. I was so impressed, I bought the company (well, a few shares anyway).
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:25 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why no one has mentioned White Castle :scared: on this thread yet.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:17 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevntrace
But if I was looking to spend $8 on a meal out at a chain restaurant, I don't think you can beat Cheesecake Factory. They have a very extensive range of main courses, and quite a few can be had for under $10 - and the portions are huge. Only trouble is you have to wait to get a table usually. I was so impressed, I bought the company (well, a few shares anyway).
No offense, but I hate the Cheesecake Factory. I've been to two here in Chicago and one in Baltimore (every time as part of a company function) and had bad experiences each time. For one thing, it's always overcrowded and they don't take reservations. Having to wait up to an hour when the competition is much less crowded is absurdly annoying. Also, I've found the food is extremely bland and watered down: overcooked pasta, "fajitas" that are really just grilled chicken, pasta sauce that has all of the flavor of Ragu. I've also found the service to be indifferent and management to be entirely unhelpful. Lastly, the drinks are miserly, overly frou-frou and very weak. Come to think of it, The Cheesecake Factory may be my least favorite restaurant.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:07 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevntrace
Nowt special, but if you like burgers I'd recommend you give them a go. Don't go much on In'n'Out burger either - and I don't appreciate the preaching either (just look at the base of their cups).

Now what I do like is a local burger chain called Taxis - their burgers are fantastic.

If you like that, then you should like The Elephant Bar, it's quite similar in the respect. I'm going there for my (belated) birthday dinner on Friday night & I can't wait!!!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

None taken. Peoples' varied opinions are what makes this such a fascinating world.

Originally Posted by Hiro11
No offense, but I hate the Cheesecake Factory. I've been to two here in Chicago and one in Baltimore (every time as part of a company function) and had bad experiences each time. For one thing, it's always overcrowded and they don't take reservations. Having to wait up to an hour when the competition is much less crowded is absurdly annoying. Also, I've found the food is extremely bland and watered down: overcooked pasta, "fajitas" that are really just grilled chicken, pasta sauce that has all of the flavor of Ragu. I've also found the service to be indifferent and management to be entirely unhelpful. Lastly, the drinks are miserly, overly frou-frou and very weak. Come to think of it, The Cheesecake Factory may be my least favorite restaurant.