Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Reasonable homeowners policy without trampoline exclusion?

Reasonable homeowners policy without trampoline exclusion?

Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

us4now is just really niceus4now is just really niceus4now is just really niceus4now is just really niceus4now is just really niceus4now is just really niceus4now is just really niceus4now is just really nice
Default Re: Reasonable homeowners policy without trampoline exclusion?

We have a trampoline but just police the kids who come to play and use it.
Any crazy kids just don't get to go on there. period.

Common sense has to prevail. We have our trampoline rules written on a sign on the side of the trampoline, ie no more than 3 at a time (it's a large trampoline), no back flips and no kids of very different sizes on there at the same time. A lot of accidents are caused by one heavy kid/adult falling on top of a lighter one. We got the rules idea from a neighboring family where dad is an attorney, and just copied them! The kids (being American I guess) are quite law abiding and stick with the rules. I sat mine down before getting the trampoline and told them this was the condition of getting it, we would have rules like the neighbors so they know the deal also.

So far, 3 years later, seems to work for us!

We have got a huge amount of fun out of it, kids love it and play on it hail rain or snow (and sun of course!)
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Tell me about it. I've been trying to find an insurance policy with hedgehog juggling cover for years - I've practically given up.
Don't cite it as hedgehog juggling, instead use a phrase like "Erinaceinae-shaped bean bag juggling" and then just 'fill' the hedgehogs with beans...
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:33 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by us4now
We have a trampoline but just police the kids who come to play and use it.
Any crazy kids just don't get to go on there. period.

Common sense has to prevail. We have our trampoline rules written on a sign on the side of the trampoline, ie no more than 3 at a time (it's a large trampoline), no back flips and no kids of very different sizes on there at the same time. A lot of accidents are caused by one heavy kid/adult falling on top of a lighter one. We got the rules idea from a neighboring family where dad is an attorney, and just copied them! The kids (being American I guess) are quite law abiding and stick with the rules. I sat mine down before getting the trampoline and told them this was the condition of getting it, we would have rules like the neighbors so they know the deal also.

So far, 3 years later, seems to work for us!

We have got a huge amount of fun out of it, kids love it and play on it hail rain or snow (and sun of course!)
The first house we rented here had a play set. The property was on a corner of the property and the playset was about 2 meters from a golf buggy/foot path and the road. Apparently the landlady screamed at anyone elses child if they even so much as looked at the playset because she was so uptight about liability. (she was a vicious old cow to boot).
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it. I've been trying to find an insurance policy with hedgehog juggling cover for years - I've practically given up.

Thought you were searching for an insurance company that will insure your home against fire hazards? You know. The ones that come from explosion gas fumes due to consuming sprouts.

Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Don't cite it as hedgehog juggling, instead use a phrase like "Erinaceinae-shaped bean bag juggling" and then just 'fill' the hedgehogs with beans...
As a little hedgehog myself I'm starting to worry about goming to the US
Lx
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dougster75
Thanks chocolatebabz - that's helpful. Hopefully do a meet up soon.

Tonrob - I did check the search function and could not find any of the 15 daily trampoline exclusion threads so presume I'm doing something wrong. No doubt you will tell me though.
snort
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute