Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

re-locating, what do I do first?

re-locating, what do I do first?

Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

meshwill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: re-locating, what do I do first?

[QUOTE][Where in CT are you moving to? I know a really nice apartment complex that I used to live in. If you need to ask anything about CT drop me a PM. I lived here for 6 years/QUOTE]

Hi Rockgurl, we're moving to Ridgefield, office is in Stamford. Have narrowed it down to the south of the town if possible so as to shorten Hubbys commute. Will be coming over at the end of July to sort a rental and look at schools etc.
many thanks for the offer re PM, will take you up on that later in week!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

meshwill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks EricK and Bob, very handy info re renting and deposit etc.
I see Harrythespider has piggy backed my thread but it's all useful info for everyone!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:22 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meshwill

Hi Rockgurl, we're moving to Ridgefield, office is in Stamford. Have narrowed it down to the south of the town if possible so as to shorten Hubbys commute. Will be coming over at the end of July to sort a rental and look at schools etc.
many thanks for the offer re PM, will take you up on that later in week!
Ah...you'll be a ways away from me then. I'm east....almost at Rhode Island. You're way down near NY so my suggestions would be no good to you. It's not that big a state but it's still a drive to Stamford from here.