Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

RE Comments pls on visible tattoos for police officers....

RE Comments pls on visible tattoos for police officers....

Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RE Comments pls on visible tattoos for police officers....

Originally Posted by Eskimo
depends what you mean by show ? in shorts mine show, but I don't wear shorts to work, I like what they look like and like the art if done well (but I and the wife spent some big money), I also like having nice straight white teeth... no difference really, one is acceptable cosmetics one isn't
In other words your are discreet ...

OTT but you see what I mean
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
In other words your are discreet ...

OTT but you see what I mean
agreed...... but I think we are talking about tattoos on arms (and I guess legs when the law wear shorts) not maniacs who tattoo their necks, faces and hands ..
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

He think's he look's good but he will look bloody silly by the time his 70.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
agreed...... but I think we are talking about tattoos on arms (and I guess legs when the law wear shorts) not maniacs who tattoo their necks, faces and hands ..
That one was OTT as I said ... but if you are in a profession where they will be seen ...no they should not be seen ... I suppose I am saying professions not jobs ..
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Police Officers Banned from Displaying Tattoos............

The new policy also prohibits uniformed officers from having beards or goatees.
Bloody good job too. Facial hair is only OK as a cover up fror ugly men. Not for uniformed professionals
Some people got tattoos as a result of the assignment they were given - gangs, narcotics," union President Hans Marticiuc said.
Pity the poor bastard that got lumbered with the KKK undercover ops.
Just curious as to thoughts on this....if you called a cop and he showed up with a tattoo on his arm would it matter to you....let's say you are being attacked/shot at ...would it really matter ???? Bear in mind the weather conditions here...heat index with humidity well over 100f during the long summer mths.
Some of the best people I have ever met in my life and that I would entrust the lives of my children with had tattoos in their early twenties. Most, if not all, regretted them in later life. One or two even had them removed. So do tattoos bother me...well as long as they don't look like that waste of human life in Ray's previous pic in this thread. I think that kind of tattooing is done in an effort to make the guy look "tough". He just looks like a fat, out of shape twat to me.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:25 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

If I was black and pulled over by a cop with a tattoo like this

I might think it wasn't because I wasn't wearing my seatbelt
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

In the UK our tatoos had to be covered up by the uniform. Having ones that couldnt be was an automatic bar to entry.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:52 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I have a small butterfly on my upper right arm. I had always wanted a tattoo and at the grand old age of 36 decided to go for it. I figured if I was going to get one done I wasn't going to hide it away.

It's cute, pretty and if a small butterfly offends someone, then they are the one with a problem.

Originally Posted by Ray
If you have tattoos that show ..tell us why you had them done ...
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Yep....same goes when Paul and I served in the army.....you could have one but it had to be covered up by your uniform.

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
In the UK our tatoos had to be covered up by the uniform. Having ones that couldnt be was an automatic bar to entry.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 3:32 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Sue
I have a small butterfly on my upper right arm. I had always wanted a tattoo and at the grand old age of 36 decided to go for it. I figured if I was going to get one done I wasn't going to hide it away.

It's cute, pretty and if a small butterfly offends someone, then they are the one with a problem.
Your practically a Hell's Angel then ...
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I am tattooed from just above my elbows all the way to the round of my shoulders on both arms and nowhere else.

I don't hate them but I wouldn't do it if I had the chance again. They don't bother me at all. They're not seen at work and and I wouldn't care if they were.

I wouldn't pay a fortune to have them removed. They don't bother me enough to have them removed even if I won the NY state lottery

I wouldn't have them again because as we grow older and more mature (some faster than others) our tastes, outlooks and characters change. Pick a design when your 19 and by the time you're 39 you'll think "WTF was I thinking having that done"?

Having said that, my cousin has had a tattoo on his chest since he was 20 years old (he's now 45) and I have always and still do think he made a fantastic choice of design given his young age. He had a hand size Leonardo Di Vinci's "Vitruvian man" complete with the perimeter circle and latin inscriptions tattoo'd on his chest. Still looks very original for a tattoo design.
Attached Thumbnails RE Comments pls on visible tattoos for police officers....-vitruvian-man.jpg  

Last edited by rushman; Jan 7th 2006 at 6:48 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:49 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

I was tattooed by someone witha complete facial tatoo. I think alomost 90% of their body was covered. He looked physically frightening and was also a body builder. It never bothered me, but i couldnt see him being in any profession like police officer.
Alot of tattoos are personal, and therefore do not need to show. I watch inked every so often and am amazed at what some people have done. Last week someone was having a tattoo of a girlfriend who died- it was a portrait of her on his upper arm always looking at him-and he wanted to remember her. It was beautifully done, and showed that tattoing can be an art.

I dont think i would have any that show in shorts or a short shirt (mine are both upper right arm). I believe that beisdes picking a design you know is going to be on you for life, you also have to pick a place that you know you will not offend anyone who is sensitive.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:45 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get what people's problem is with tattoos. It's just ink, folks! I have five tattoos on my upper arms and shoulders and am planning my 6th. I got my first one at age 17 and I'm 38 now. I don't regret them and maybe I would have got slightly different designs now than I would then but it's a reflection of where I've been and what I've done and I wouldn't change them. I'm heavily tattooed and have a pierced nose, and yet I'm an intensive care nurse and am entrusted with people's lives on a daily basis, therby proving that worries and doubts about people's characters who have tattoos is a load of bollox. I got them because I love music, and have always played in bands and followed other bands careers, and it's part of that culture. I always assumed that I would be tattooed and I'd feel naked without them. I also bodybuild and so I like to have fit arms to show off my tattoos with. I really couldn't give a toss what other people think of them....they're my arms!

Last edited by Rockgurl; Jan 8th 2006 at 12:48 am.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
I just don't get what people's problem is with tattoos. It's just ink, folks! I have five tattoos on my upper arms and shoulders and am planning my 6th. I got my first one at age 17 and I'm 38 now. I don't regret them and maybe I would have got slightly different designs now than I would then but it's a reflection of where I've been and what I've done and I wouldn't change them. I'm heavily tattooed and have a pierced nose, and yet I'm an intensive care nurse and am entrusted with people's lives on a daily basis, therby proving that worries and doubts about people's characters who have tattoos is a load of bollox. I got them because I love music, and have always played in bands and followed other bands careers, and it's part of that culture. I always assumed that I would be tattooed and I'd feel naked without them. I also bodybuild and so I like to have fit arms to show off my tattoos with. I really couldn't give a toss what other people think of them....they're my arms!

I agree with you. But people are shallow and tend to be prejudiced.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:49 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I agree with you. But people are shallow and tend to be prejudiced.
Then that's their problem!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.