Re-Branding

Old Mar 9th 2006, 1:49 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re-Branding

In an age when, if something isn't quite working out right, you rebrand the product so people will now buy it. Its the same crap it was yesterday, just with a different name.

The war on terror has now been rebranded "the long war", a poetic name that conjures up images of long summer days and long island ice teas sat in a long chair on your long lawn - only with ied's, dead soldiers and a trillion dollar price tag.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:14 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future
Default Re: Re-Branding

Originally Posted by Patrick
In an age when, if something isn't quite working out right, you rebrand the product so people will now buy it. Its the same crap it was yesterday, just with a different name.

The war on terror has now been rebranded "the long war", a poetic name that conjures up images of long summer days and long island ice teas sat in a long chair on your long lawn - only with ied's, dead soldiers and a trillion dollar price tag.

You re-branded yourself as a sex god. Same crap.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:22 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Ha ha
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:49 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Not to burst your bubble...but I don't think that any allusion was made that the war on terror would be a short one.

From the Address to a Joint Session of Congress and the American People 9/20/2001:
Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated.....

This war will not be like the war against Iraq a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war above Kosovo two years ago, where no ground troops were used and not a single American was lost in combat.

When did Bush or anyone say that it was ever going to be a short war??
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:52 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ironporer
Not to burst your bubble...but I don't think that any allusion was made that the war on terror would be a short one.

From the Address to a Joint Session of Congress and the American People 9/20/2001:
Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated.....

This war will not be like the war against Iraq a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war above Kosovo two years ago, where no ground troops were used and not a single American was lost in combat.

Karma sent
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:48 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Your point, although well made, is irrelevant. It is not the point how long the war actually is but the renaming of the "war on terror" to "the long war".

Now that you fully understand what this thread is about, please try again to defend the Bush administration.

Last edited by Patrick; Mar 9th 2006 at 4:56 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:50 pm

Your point, although well made, is irrelevant. It is not the point how long the war actually is but the renaming of the "war on terror" to "the long war".

Who renamed it? The media?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:51 pm
Pagan Sex God

Who renamed it? The media?
The Bush administration

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1710062,00.html

" ...presented to Congress last week. The report sets out a plan for prosecuting what the the Pentagon describes in the preface as "The Long War", which replaces the "war on terror". "

Last edited by Patrick; Mar 9th 2006 at 4:54 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

The Bush administration

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1710062,00.html

" ...presented to Congress last week. The report sets out a plan for prosecuting what the the Pentagon describes in the preface as "The Long War", which replaces the "war on terror". "

how do you prosecute a war?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:19 pm
Pagan Sex God

Technically no, I have been called Pagan Sex God since I joined the army in 1983, I went arse over tit on an assault course and came out covered head to toe in crap and someone called me a Pagan Sex God, it stuck for the 12 years I was in the army and I kept it as funny monicer since. A rebrand would to now call me old fart, old fart - formerly known as Pagan Sex God
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Technically no, I have been called Pagan Sex God since I joined the army in 1983, I went arse over tit on an assault course and came out covered head to toe in crap and someone called me a Pagan Sex God, it stuck for the 12 years I was in the army and I kept it as funny monicer since. A rebrand would to now call me old fart, old fart - formerly known as Pagan Sex God
It would be easier to rebrand you with just a symbol.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:22 pm
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
It would be easier to rebrand you with just a symbol.
a sex symbol?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:33 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

a sex symbol?
Perhaps a Phallus? It would seem appropiate.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:47 pm
Maño-Americano

Now that you fully understand what this thread is about, please try again to defend the Bush administration.

No defense required. It was always made known that the (insert favorite silly name here...war on terror, long war, new crusade, great war, islamist fanatical war....) war would be a long one- I believe he has made references to periods of time such as generations long, lasting past his administration and so on (though I am not going to waste time looking for links). It has always ben so- for Christ's sake, the Islamic Fundamentalists have been at it (attacking the Judeo-Christian West) since the late 50's... i'ts about time someone actually decided it was time to fight back.

So if what you want to whine about today in your almost daily whine on life in America, or life with Bush as president is that they are changing the name... I can only think that there are better things to waste your time on. Maybe you could start your own thread...Patrick's daily Whine- it could be kinda like Bob's thread on interesting news topics a while back...and everyone could rush each day to see what atrocities you have been forced to suffer in the previous 24 hours.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:51 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

It has always ben so- for Christ's sake, the Islamic Fundamentalists have been at it (attacking the Judeo-Christian West) since the late 50's... i'ts about time someone actually decided it was time to fight back.
They're fighting for Christ's sake? That certainly adds a new twist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.