Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Random ? about money for US.....

Random ? about money for US.....

Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough
Default Random ? about money for US.....

Ok my fiance' is worried he needs to have a certain amount of money on him when we are at the end of our journey and he is coming to the US on the K1....? Is this a worry he should have or could they care less how much he has on him? Thanks!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random ? about money for US.....

Originally Posted by sunny08
Ok my fiance' is worried he needs to have a certain amount of money on him when we are at the end of our journey and he is coming to the US on the K1....? Is this a worry he should have or could they care less how much he has on him? Thanks!
He doesn't need to carry any certain amount of money, no. I don't remember the figure, but I think it's something like if he has more than $10,000 he has to declare it or something....but it's nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

Cool thanks Rene! He was worrying about having to dip into his savings since he got back to UK and has less money at his job then before....he was thinking he would need to prove somehow he had a certain amount and wasn't fully dependent on me or something haha!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool thanks Rene! He was worrying about having to dip into his savings since he got back to UK and has less money at his job then before....he was thinking he would need to prove somehow he had a certain amount and wasn't fully dependent on me or something haha!
Nope, nothing like that at all.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:44 pm

Well...wait a minute...are you talking about when he comes through the POE? Or do you mean at his interview?

Are you providing an I-134 affidavit of support for him, or was he thinking of self-sponsoring?

Rene
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again Rene for your wealth of info Nope he is not self sponsering so we should be a-ok!!!