Raleigh, NC

Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:22 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Raleigh, NC

Resurrecting an old thread ...

My wife is doing an externship in Raleigh for 2 weeks in September (North Carolina State University). Having never visited the area we are wondering if anyone could point us in the right area to start looking for hotels. We know all the big chains, but do not know anything about the different area's. The criteria are:
1) Safe area, she may be home late some evenings
2) Clean hotel
3) Close proximity to the University

She will be flying there and hiring a car for the 2 weeks.

Thanks

Dave
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Raleigh, NC

Originally Posted by sanj2010
I have a interview for a job in Raleigh and would be grateful for any opinions of the place!

Any info on "lifestyle", property prices, schools and crime rate would be particularly welcome!

sanj2010
American airlines has direct flight to London Gatwick, I think Raleigh is there hub.
Lots of suburban shopping malls........ everything you could want in that department........
There was a thread posted a week or two ago "Top US cities to live in" I believe Raleigh was number 3? info on that link still there I guess?
Good luck!