Race issues

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Race issues

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hello!

Did you join BE especially so you could post these pearls of wisdom?
<SNORT>
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:53 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

Did you join BE especially so you could post these pearls of wisdom?

Must've been a lurker, waiting for some pearls from you...and after 3,200 posts gave up on you...as have most.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:54 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flybyday
You're entire posting was very well-put, Hiro11, but especially that last paragraph. The Guardian is a joke---intellectually at the same level as FoxNews is here, in terms of journalistic bias, but with highbrow underpinings that Fox News obviously lacks (not to mention, of course, a completely different idiological slant). You will find more insight and accuracy in American cultural analysis in People Magazine than you ever would find in the Guardian.

Thats funny - anyone who read the story would see that it is the work of Associated Press.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer
Must've been a lurker, waiting for some pearls from you...and after 3,200 posts gave up on you...as have most.
meow
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:04 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
meow

Please translate - I'm not feeling catty today

(Surely you are not agreeing with Ironporer? )
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:12 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Please translate - I'm not feeling catty today

(Surely you are not agreeing with Ironporer? )
It didn't seem that way to me, it seemed more along the lines of 'Oooooo handbag!'!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:14 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Thats funny - anyone who read the story would see that it is the work of Associated Press.

Unbelievable that what is actually an AP newswire story is quickly dismissed because it was actually also published on the Guardian's site. They live in their own little world these people. Luckily, it's shrinking rapidly as those who are capable of using their brain are jumping ship.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They live in their own little world these people. Luckily, it's shrinking rapidly as those who are capable of using their brain are jumping ship.

Yep! Out where the buses don't run!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
It didn't seem that way to me, it seemed more along the lines of 'Oooooo handbag!'!!!

thats it
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
.among the ignorrant and uneducated predominantly;
If only that was the case; I've met far too many 'well educated' people who have good jobs here that will happily make remarks like:

"That's just what Black people are like"

"That is how they behave"

"You can't trust them"

etc....
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 7:47 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
If only that was the case; I've met far too many 'well educated' people who have good jobs here that will happily make remarks like:

"You can't trust them"

etc....
I noticed that a lot when we lived in NJ. I don't see it as much here but have been well informed by some people here that they would do their upmost to prevent people who are hispanic or black from moving into their neighbourhood because it will (not might but will) lower their house price. And had a professor mention how she has been shunned by what she considered were her good friends because she 'considered' adopting a black baby! But she was 'allowed' to go to china and adopt from there.

I even had one gentleman come to my door once enquiring about the racial make-up of the neighbourhood. They were interested in the house for sale over the road from us. I really didn't know what he meant at all so started telling him about the families that I do know of in the area,including anyone jewish or catholic, korean etc. I didn't want to make assumptions to his question and really felt uncomfortable answering. After a little while he stopped me and then asked "but are there any blacks or hispanics in the area?" I think he must have seen the shocked look on my face because he tried to explain his question by stating that where they lived now there was a lot of drug problems among 'these' people. I was shocked and angry to say the least!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:04 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

"You can't trust them"

etc....
I hear a lot of people say these things, I just stare at them with my chin on the floor!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:05 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ben
I noticed that a lot when we lived in NJ. I don't see it as much here but have been well informed by some people here that they would do their upmost to prevent people who are hispanic or black from moving into their neighbourhood because it will (not might but will) lower their house price. And had a professor mention how she has been shunned by what she considered were her good friends because she 'considered' adopting a black baby! But she was 'allowed' to go to china and adopt from there.

I even had one gentleman come to my door once enquiring about the racial make-up of the neighbourhood. They were interested in the house for sale over the road from us. I really didn't know what he meant at all so started telling him about the families that I do know of in the area,including anyone jewish or catholic, korean etc. I didn't want to make assumptions to his question and really felt uncomfortable answering. After a little while he stopped me and then asked "but are there any blacks or hispanics in the area?" I think he must have seen the shocked look on my face because he tried to explain his question by stating that where they lived now there was a lot of drug problems among 'these' people. I was shocked and angry to say the least!
*Door Slammed In Face*
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:10 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit

My post is slightly off track here and apologise but I think that's so neat of you to foster esp a different race
How is that especially neat?
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
How is that especially neat?

coz I am aware of the stigma that can go with it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.