Rabies

Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:08 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rabies

Had to take our cat to the vet today after it was bitten by a raccoon (nasty) and was shocked to hear the extent of rabies in this country, especially on the east coast, just wondered if anyone else knew of this?
My poor kitty was put to sleep ( the vet bill was outrageous) even though he had been vaccinated.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:12 pm
Displaced Canadian

Amywen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rabies

Originally Posted by robskatie
Had to take our cat to the vet today after it was bitten by a raccoon (nasty) and was shocked to hear the extent of rabies in this country, especially on the east coast, just wondered if anyone else knew of this?
My poor kitty was put to sleep ( the vet bill was outrageous) even though he had been vaccinated.

Oh, that's awful! I keep my kittycat indoors since I'm afraid of something like this happening to him. I didn't know they'd euthanize the animal if it was vaccinated for rabies.... doesn't that defeat the purpose of a vaccine?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:15 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amywen
Oh, that's awful! I keep my kittycat indoors since I'm afraid of something like this happening to him. I didn't know they'd euthanize the animal if it was vaccinated for rabies.... doesn't that defeat the purpose of a vaccine?
They put him to sleep because of his injuries
Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:33 pm
Displaced Canadian

Amywen is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh. Poor kitty.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 9:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Rabies is bad, but then there are a lot of nasties wondering about that have it...sorry to hear bout your cat though
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

So sorry about your cat, you must be heartbroken.

Our cat emigrated with us and had to go from being an outdoor UK cat to an indoor US cat, purely because we live in an apartment now..really makes me wonder if we should keep her as an indoor cat when we move into a house.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 4:20 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to say how very sorry I am to hear about your recent loss.

~ Jenney