Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Christmas Muzak Everywhere! Too much!

Christmas Muzak Everywhere! Too much!

Old Dec 1st 2004, 5:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas Muzak Everywhere! Too much!

Ok. This is pretty much the last straw. Over the summer the building owners installed Bose speakers in the loos. Played regular old muzak for a while then in the last few weeks the muzak turned to music (songs with lyrics).

Now, 'cos it's December, it's non-stop, back-to-back Christmas muzak in the loos.

I just want to get on with my business, away from work and distractions. It's bad enough all the Christmas music in stores throughout the US but in loos!

It's too much!

I just hope they don't play Christmas carols/hymns in the loos next...

Where's the strangest place you've heard muzak in the US?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:15 pm
Displaced Canadian

Amywen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Christmas Muzak Everywhere! Too much!

Not exactly a strange place to hear christmas muzak, but my husband works at a bank located within a large retail store. They play the muzak way too loudly.. and to top it off, they only have 8-12 tracks they just repeat over and over for a 12 hour shift!!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:34 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Ok. This is pretty much the last straw. Over the summer the building owners installed Bose speakers in the loos. Played regular old muzak for a while then in the last few weeks the muzak turned to music (songs with lyrics).

Now, 'cos it's December, it's non-stop, back-to-back Christmas muzak in the loos.

I just want to get on with my business, away from work and distractions. It's bad enough all the Christmas music in stores throughout the US but in loos!

It's too much!

I just hope they don't play Christmas carols/hymns in the loos next...

Where's the strangest place you've heard muzak in the US?
Ohhhh, wish I had it at my work loos. I'm thinking of getting a Christmas carol CD to work along with ... I once lived in Merton, S. London and attended no end of Carol Services in Wimbledon and Merton ... and got to eat the odd freebie mince pie washed down with a hot cut of lovely tea! Ahhhhh, I'm missing home. Worst time to be here, imho. Christmas away from home. Not good at all.

Still, not quite as bad when as a wee nipper the girl next door told me Father Christmas was dead, had fallen out of the sky. That really did my head in. I cried and cried. I was only 6, maybe 7. My mum was "not best pleased". I suppose Christmas is for kids, but as I never grew up I still love Christmas and still love to see zillions of Christmas lights and hear Christmas Carols. I might go out and buy a Red Hat with bells ... to ding along with that CD! Oh ding along ding along ... Christmas bells Christmas Bells Christmas all the way ... OK, Dingle bells, dingle bells Christmas all the way ...

I stopped saying "Happy Holidays" this year. Part of the backlash I guess. I say Happy Christmas. "Let the chips fall where they may ..."

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Dec 1st 2004 at 8:37 pm.

Old Dec 1st 2004, 8:52 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
Ohhhh, wish I had it at my work loos. I'm thinking of getting a Christmas carol CD to work along with ... I once lived in Merton, S. London and attended no end of Carol Services in Wimbledon and Merton ... and got to eat the odd freebie mince pie washed down with a hot cut of lovely tea! Ahhhhh, I'm missing home. Worst time to be here, imho. Christmas away from home. Not good at all.
<<snip>>
Don't know if this is up your street but a Christmas CD I like to play is:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Christmas Gift for You. I consider this a classic.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 1:27 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

not so much the music, but I have bloody well had enough of Jessica Simpson and her hubby, my wife and her mother love to watch that xmas special, I cant stand it, makes me wanna scream. She might be a piece of ass but her singing is bloody terrible, her jaw actions are getting worse, and because she keep nodding and taking her mouth away from the mic it sounds even worse.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
not so much the music, but I have bloody well had enough of Jessica Simpson and her hubby, my wife and her mother love to watch that xmas special, I cant stand it, makes me wanna scream. She might be a piece of ass but her singing is bloody terrible, her jaw actions are getting worse, and because she keep nodding and taking her mouth away from the mic it sounds even worse.
Oooh understand what you mean. I'm wondering what anyone sees in her (and I'm not talking just men). I turned it on briefly last night when I was channel hoping and I thought "How revolting!"
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 3:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Update: the music is in the loos has changed!

It's not all Christmas music. Last time I popped in, it definitely wasn't seasonal music coming out of the speakers.

In fact, it was pretty sombre, Leonard Cohen type music. More like music to slash your wrists to!

What the building needs is for me to put together a playlist. Now, that's a good idea (I have pretty eclectic tastes)!

NC Penguin