Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Questions on USA

Questions on USA

Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:16 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice
Default Questions on USA

I find the USA immigration procedures very complex. And I am evaluating my options wheather to move to Canada or the USA. The downturn here in Scotland is really bad especially in the Financial Sector.

I am a MBA graduate with over 8 years of Financial Analyst experience. What is the most effective way to obtain employment and Visa in the US ?

Is the US economy still booming ? money to be made ? or everywhen going on hunger strikes ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions on USA

Originally Posted by begmohsin
I find the USA immigration procedures very complex. And I am evaluating my options wheather to move to Canada or the USA. The downturn here in Scotland is really bad especially in the Financial Sector.

I am a MBA graduate with over 8 years of Financial Analyst experience. What is the most effective way to obtain employment and Visa in the US ?

Is the US economy still booming ? money to be made ? or everywhen going on hunger strikes ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

ChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud of

Are you absolutely sure that you really are a financial analyst?

Last edited by ChelleyP; Mar 14th 2009 at 2:46 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the US economy still booming ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:10 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Start here. See if there is a visa you feel you can qualify for. If not, you are not coming. If so, then the hard part begins.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

To be blunt, this is going to be incredibly difficult, quite possibly impossible. You're going to need to find a company in the US that can convince the US immigration officials that there is a 'dearth' of American talent available for a financial analyst position. Try as they might, they just can't find any American citizen to fill this spot, and for that reason they simply have to look overseas to find someone to work as a financial analyst.

Needless to say, it's going to be incredibly difficult.

So take a look at the link above and if you see a few that you feel you can qualify for come back and feel free to ask specific questions about that type of visa.

Good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

I am a MBA graduate with over 8 years of Financial Analyst experience.

Is the US economy still booming ?
Are you serious? Analyze this.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth, I know several Financial Analysts with MBAs as well and more years of experience than you who have lost their jobs and have as yet been unable to find a new one. Eligible or not, if you have a steady paycheck coming in, stay put for now.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming this isn't a joke...

I suspect most foreigners with MBAs, who posses employment visas, graduated from Harvard, Stanford, Chicago.. etc...

An MBA from a good school might give you a chance via employer sponsorship but, as others have pointed out, the economy isn't great right now and there's tons of MBA grads already here who have Greencards or Citizenship.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Mar 14th 2009 at 4:37 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

ChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud ofChelleyP has much to be proud of

There is an abundance of financial analysts in America. Those who are fortunate enough to have kept their jobs in this mess actually have a knowledge of the state of the economy.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would explain how we got in this mess however.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:21 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

[QUOTE=ChelleyP;7378624]Are you absolutely sure that you really are a financial analyst? [/QUOTE

Financial Analyst is actually a very general and broad term, there are many areas within the Job responsibilities of a Financial Analyst.

My area of focus is Business Strategy and Management Accountancy. My focus doesnt involve investment analysis or that of related to the Stock Markets etc. My Expertise lies in "Strategic planning", I dont know if you know what that entails.

MB
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
For what it's worth, I know several Financial Analysts with MBAs as well and more years of experience than you who have lost their jobs and have as yet been unable to find a new one. Eligible or not, if you have a steady paycheck coming in, stay put for now.

Hi

It depends on the focus area, were they focused in Strategic planning and Business consultancy ???? or Stock investments like financial research etc
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:24 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=begmohsin;7379176]
Originally Posted by ChelleyP
Are you absolutely sure that you really are a financial analyst? [/QUOTE

Financial Analyst is actually a very general and broad term, there are many areas within the Job responsibilities of a Financial Analyst.

My area of focus is Business Strategy and Management Accountancy. My focus doesnt involve investment analysis or that of related to the Stock Markets etc. My Expertise lies in "Strategic planning", I dont know if you know what that entails.

MB
You sound like just the kind of genius this country needs in Strategic Planning for our big corporations! Someone who doesn't know if the US is having a financial crisis and wonders if "everywhen is on hunger strike". Perfect!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:27 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

ok so you don't deal directly with international macroeconomics or whatever the jargon du jour is, but have you opened a newspaper at any time in the last six months?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.