British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Questions on USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/questions-usa-597505/)

begmohsin Mar 14th 2009 2:16 pm

Questions on USA

I find the USA immigration procedures very complex. And I am evaluating my options wheather to move to Canada or the USA. The downturn here in Scotland is really bad especially in the Financial Sector.

I am a MBA graduate with over 8 years of Financial Analyst experience. What is the most effective way to obtain employment and Visa in the US ?

Is the US economy still booming ? money to be made ? or everywhen going on hunger strikes ?

Elvira Mar 14th 2009 2:18 pm

Re: Questions on USA

Originally Posted by begmohsin (Post 7378584)
I find the USA immigration procedures very complex. And I am evaluating my options wheather to move to Canada or the USA. The downturn here in Scotland is really bad especially in the Financial Sector.

I am a MBA graduate with over 8 years of Financial Analyst experience. What is the most effective way to obtain employment and Visa in the US ?

Is the US economy still booming ? money to be made ? or everywhen going on hunger strikes ?

:ohmy:

cranston Mar 14th 2009 2:34 pm

:rofl:

ChelleyP Mar 14th 2009 2:41 pm

Are you absolutely sure that you really are a financial analyst? :rofl:

md95065 Mar 14th 2009 3:09 pm

Is the US economy still booming ?

:eek::huh::ohmy:

penguinsix Mar 14th 2009 3:10 pm

Hi,

Start here. See if there is a visa you feel you can qualify for. If not, you are not coming. If so, then the hard part begins.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

To be blunt, this is going to be incredibly difficult, quite possibly impossible. You're going to need to find a company in the US that can convince the US immigration officials that there is a 'dearth' of American talent available for a financial analyst position. Try as they might, they just can't find any American citizen to fill this spot, and for that reason they simply have to look overseas to find someone to work as a financial analyst.

Needless to say, it's going to be incredibly difficult.

So take a look at the link above and if you see a few that you feel you can qualify for come back and feel free to ask specific questions about that type of visa.

Good luck.

discoviking Mar 14th 2009 3:35 pm

I am a MBA graduate with over 8 years of Financial Analyst experience.

Is the US economy still booming ?

Are you serious? Analyze this.

Kaffy Mintcake Mar 14th 2009 3:46 pm

For what it's worth, I know several Financial Analysts with MBAs as well and more years of experience than you who have lost their jobs and have as yet been unable to find a new one. Eligible or not, if you have a steady paycheck coming in, stay put for now.

anotherlimey Mar 14th 2009 3:49 pm

Assuming this isn't a joke...

I suspect most foreigners with MBAs, who posses employment visas, graduated from Harvard, Stanford, Chicago.. etc...

An MBA from a good school might give you a chance via employer sponsorship but, as others have pointed out, the economy isn't great right now and there's tons of MBA grads already here who have Greencards or Citizenship.

ChelleyP Mar 14th 2009 4:22 pm

There is an abundance of financial analysts in America. Those who are fortunate enough to have kept their jobs in this mess actually have a knowledge of the state of the economy.

scrubbedexpat099 Mar 14th 2009 5:07 pm

It would explain how we got in this mess however.

begmohsin Mar 14th 2009 6:21 pm

[QUOTE=ChelleyP;7378624]Are you absolutely sure that you really are a financial analyst? :rofl:[/QUOTE

Financial Analyst is actually a very general and broad term, there are many areas within the Job responsibilities of a Financial Analyst.

My area of focus is Business Strategy and Management Accountancy. My focus doesnt involve investment analysis or that of related to the Stock Markets etc. My Expertise lies in "Strategic planning", I dont know if you know what that entails.

:D:D
MB

begmohsin Mar 14th 2009 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7378756)
For what it's worth, I know several Financial Analysts with MBAs as well and more years of experience than you who have lost their jobs and have as yet been unable to find a new one. Eligible or not, if you have a steady paycheck coming in, stay put for now.

Hi

It depends on the focus area, were they focused in Strategic planning and Business consultancy ???? or Stock investments like financial research etc

dbj1000 Mar 14th 2009 6:24 pm

[QUOTE=begmohsin;7379176]

Originally Posted by ChelleyP (Post 7378624)
Are you absolutely sure that you really are a financial analyst? :rofl:[/QUOTE

Financial Analyst is actually a very general and broad term, there are many areas within the Job responsibilities of a Financial Analyst.

My area of focus is Business Strategy and Management Accountancy. My focus doesnt involve investment analysis or that of related to the Stock Markets etc. My Expertise lies in "Strategic planning", I dont know if you know what that entails.

:D:D
MB

You sound like just the kind of genius this country needs in Strategic Planning for our big corporations! Someone who doesn't know if the US is having a financial crisis and wonders if "everywhen is on hunger strike". Perfect!

elfman Mar 14th 2009 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by begmohsin (Post 7379176)

ok so you don't deal directly with international macroeconomics or whatever the jargon du jour is, but have you opened a newspaper at any time in the last six months?