Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

questions about NOA for AOS...

questions about NOA for AOS...

Old Aug 15th 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default questions about NOA for AOS...

I sent my AOS package last August 1, and they sent an email and text messages informing me that they already received my application after 4 days. Money was taken out from the account within that week. After 7 days, I also received an appointment letter for biometric.

I have a question? Is the appointment letter the same as NOA that i am supposed to receive? I haven't received any letter from them except this biometric appointment.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions about NOA for AOS...

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan
I sent my AOS package last August 1, and they sent an email and text messages informing me that they already received my application after 4 days. Money was taken out from the account within that week. After 7 days, I also received an appointment letter for biometric.

I have a question? Is the appointment letter the same as NOA that i am supposed to receive? I haven't received any letter from them except this biometric appointment.
Does the biometrics appointment letter also say they've received your AOS package? If so, it's probably the same.

Rene
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Does the biometrics appointment letter also say they've received your AOS package? If so, it's probably the same.

Rene
It mentioned that in order to process my application, I need to have my biometrics taken.

Thanks Noorah, i guess, its probably the same.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It mentioned that in order to process my application, I need to have my biometrics taken.

Thanks Noorah, i guess, its probably the same.
You might still get a separate letter from USCIS, stating they received your I-485. But even if you don't, it's OK. You don't need it for anything.

Rene
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You might still get a separate letter from USCIS, stating they received your I-485. But even if you don't, it's OK. You don't need it for anything.

Rene
Thanks Noorah. I have nothing to worry, since I wont need it for anything.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Most NOAs have a Notice Type field on them. You should be receiveing a Receipt Notice. What is the Notice Type for this NOA?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Most NOAs have a Notice Type field on them. You should be receiveing a Receipt Notice. What is the Notice Type for this NOA?
It says, ASC appointment Notice.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 3:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Then you should still expect to receive a Receipt Notice.

Regards, JEff

It says, ASC appointment Notice.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Then you should still expect to receive a Receipt Notice.

Regards, JEff
Thanks jeff
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:51 am
Just Joined

COB76 is an unknown quantity at this point

For what it's worth, here are images of my Biometrics appointment NOA and the I130 receipt NOA for comparison.

Apologies for large size, not sure how to make them clickable thumbnails.

Old Aug 17th 2012, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by COB76
For what it's worth, here are images of my Biometrics appointment NOA and the I130 receipt NOA for comparison.

Apologies for large size, not sure how to make them clickable thumbnails.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...6/83833b3d.png

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...6/302ab003.png
Wow, thanks for uploading those images. I appreciate it so much. Yup, i just received the first one, which is the appointment notice. So most probably, i'll wait for the second one.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

I never got a receipt notice (and I certainly won't get it now, five months later). I tried calling before and they just said to give it time, but yes, it never came. Still, I had my appointment for biometrics only a few days after the online/cell notifications, and I got the letter stating my case had gone to California (...yeah, still waiting for it to move from 'Initial Review'), so I just left it.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

I received 3 copies of NOA for my AOS application. In the notice for I-485, I would like to know what priority date means?

Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

In the notice for I-485, I would like to know what priority date means?
Generally speaking, it's nothing more than the date on which processing began.

Ian
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:46 am

No, you received 1 NOA for your adjustment of status application. The other two were for advance parole and employment authorization applications?

Priority Date is generally the date that the USCIS received the I-130 petition.

Regards, JEff

I received 3 copies of NOA for my AOS application. In the notice for I-485, I would like to know what priority date means?

Thanks a lot.