Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question about recording UK tv programmes

Question about recording UK tv programmes

Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:53 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit torrents are not as exciting as they first seem. You need tons of people all sharing the episode (or whatever you want) to maintain a decent speed. Even on a DSL line I never got above 10kb/s downloading episodes. And you have to get the file very soon after someone puts it up because after 2 or 3 days people delete the file from their hard drives. The whole thing relies on multiple people sharing the file. There is an Eastenders fan site that offers pretty recent direct downloads, I will try and locate the site address.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Laptop....

I am not sure I could be patient enough to download the episodes - I think I will just try and find one of the videos that will take the tapes!

On the computer line - I have question about an item I am bidding for on Ebay right now - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBBI%3AIT&rd=1

Its just a little laptop (really cheap) and basically it is only 32MB memory etc but I emailed the guy and its got the battery and Windows installed etc and he says works fine. However being such a small machine it doesn't have a CD drive - I am just wondering how I would get the net installed - I've always used the CDs before. It's really only something cheap to get me started till I get on my feet - and a way to keep in touch with folks at home - so I would only be using it for net and email. The guy selling it says there is internet explorer on there so there must be modem inside (he doesnt seem to know anything about it) - I think its a pawn place that sells stuff online that people dont collect after their time - but he has good feedback.

Anyway, at around $150 all in after the auction if I get it - I suppose I should be thinking about it too much - but I just dont want to get something that is going to be crap and useless and I know nothing about laptops. I also know it has a USB port and I can connect my digital camera but then I guess I can't put the imaging software on there without a CD drive. Hmmm. Thinking out loud now!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by USBound
http://www.slr.tzo.com:6969/

a decent connectin....hmm... well if you get more than about 20Kb/second you'll be fine for downloading these overnight.

I get around 200-300Kb (slowest connection I could get) from most of these... note.. its Bittorrent... need to install the bittorrent app before attempting to download.

Hello.
I just tried to download neighbors from hell and I couldn't get it to work. Is there some sort of software I need for it, and do I have to log in?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:16 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by honeymommy
Hello.
I just tried to download neighbors from hell and I couldn't get it to work. Is there some sort of software I need for it, and do I have to log in?

Thanks in advance.
You need a client program. Read THIS first. Then choose your client from HERE
Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScousePete

Great thanks.

I am now downloading neighbors from hell.

Says estimated time to download is 13 hours ... hahahahah

I have a lot of patience with 4 kids.......

Will be worth it though just for the laugh.

Thanks very much for the info.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 3:31 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

you often don't need software to install dial-up networking

just a username/password and the number to call (depends on the provider. I think Bellsouth offer dial up @ $10 per month

Also, FYI for the broadband users out there..... downloading using P2P software is risky business nowadays

the mpaa (films people i think) and the riaa (music) monitor filesharing networks for potential copyright infringement

they then go to your ISP who sends you a nice letter telling you to delete the file...

edonkey (a great source for films) forces a share of the file you are trying to download so there is no way to download anonymously (same with bit torrent i believe)
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ScousePete

OMG!!!!!! Thanks for the info...

I downloaded a program called the neighbours from hell last night, didn't take very long at all....

It was horrendous, but great watching..... I just kept thinking of all the lawsuits there would have been had it been in the USA...

HAHAHA

Oh and I found it very easy to set up and download. Had no problems thanks.....

Haven't seen Eastenders for about 6 years though, so I wouldn't know who was who....
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:51 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!!!!! Thanks for the info...

I downloaded a program called the neighbours from hell last night, didn't take very long at all....

It was horrendous, but great watching..... I just kept thinking of all the lawsuits there would have been had it been in the USA...

HAHAHA

Oh and I found it very easy to set up and download. Had no problems thanks.....

Haven't seen Eastenders for about 6 years though, so I wouldn't know who was who....
Which client file did you use?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by kazzuk
Which client file did you use?
http://bittornado.com/download.html

BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.8.11-w32install.exe

mirror #1 usa

Downloaded from..... http://www.slr.tzo.com:6969/

All thanks to USBound and Scousepete

Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:03 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

Talking

Thanks

I'm so excited I can't typ proply!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:07 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

The site is down ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

try

http://suprnova.org/

its often down (about once a week) but the best place I've found... been using it for about a year now.

There are sites that offer direct downloads BUT they often get killed... the bittorrent network is the only place I've found where the files you download are always the files you wanted; often on edonkey/emule/kazaa some idiot is serving up a bunch of pron renamed....

enjoy
Old Apr 16th 2004, 1:47 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by USBound
try

its often down (about once a week) but the best place I've found... been using it for about a year now.

There are sites that offer direct downloads BUT they often get killed... the bittorrent network is the only place I've found where the files you download are always the files you wanted; often on edonkey/emule/kazaa some idiot is serving up a bunch of pron renamed....

enjoy

Ditto on the supernova.
We use it for all our Eastenders epiosodes.
One point though, be careful if you decide to download the 'sample' software. ie games ect.
We downloaded Quake III only to find that it also contained a program that allowed some clown in Germany to get into our pc.
We were lucky that we found it, otherwise it could have been pretty bad.

All the same, supernova is great for tv programs.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

http://bittornado.com/download.html

BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.8.11-w32install.exe

mirror #1 usa

Downloaded from..... http://www.slr.tzo.com:6969/

All thanks to USBound and Scousepete

Please help a computer dinasaur here!!!! I have downloaded the suggested program now where do I get Eastenders from?
I may have missed this info so sorry but please explain it simply
Thanks Suzie
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

go to

at the top of the screen it says TV shows, this will take you to a list, press on Eastenders then scroll to the bottom, a list of available trackers will appear there.

Note, these are not the actual files, but the details of the files, it requires someone else to be online with those files before you will get a download rate. However, not getting the files almost never happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.