Reload this Page >

Question about C1 UK passport application

Question about C1 UK passport application

Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Readerone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about C1 UK passport application

Hi
My son is applying for his own UK passport (he is eligible because I am British living in UK married to US citizen) and will be attending university in UK.
C1 is the form he has to use but it asks twice if he has ever held another passport. He was on my British one (old black one, before they shrank and turned Euro and blue) as an infant so we have declared that one and are sending it with his application. Does he have to declare his US passport or are they just asking about previous UK passports? Impossible to find out from the website or phone without being charged! Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about C1 UK passport application

We sent a photo copy of the picture page of Ds's US passport after they called me and asked for it. I hadn't included that originally, he too had been on my passport as a child. That I did include.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a photocopy of the picture page of my US passport, and put in the notes section at the end that I had become a dual UK/US citizen since I got my last UK passport, and that was why I was including the photocopy. Don't know if they needed it, but the UK passport came back without any problems.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Readerone is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I did a bit of sleuthing (ie reading the instructions again!) and discovered that he did have to show he had a US passport. I think we're all set now. Sorry to be thick!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

I pondered over whether I needed to send the copy or not too - in one area it sounds like it's UK only passports required, and somewhere else it says any passport. I decided it was better to be safe and give too much than too little.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jscl
I pondered over whether I needed to send the copy or not too - in one area it sounds like it's UK only passports required, and somewhere else it says any passport. I decided it was better to be safe and give too much than too little.
That's not being "safe" as they can (and do) lose documents. You only need to send a copy of a foreign passport and they only reason they want that is proof of ID.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I did send a copy, hence me saying "I sent a photocopy of the picture page of my US passport"