Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!

PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!

Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:02 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You mean like the Clintons?
well I wouldn't know I'm sure ..I'm way too young to remember the Clintons

all I know is I don't want Bush to come back to Texas...will any other state volunteer to have him??
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:08 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
Bush got off easy with the booing..everyone should have thrown a shoe or two....I've had to watch body bags from Iraq being pulled off planes..
That is what my brother inlaw said he wanted the shoes to fly through the air
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:10 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Couldn't agree with you more...same goes for those who thought it was fun.
You are so old fashion.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:32 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Personally think, booing the retiring President is very sad & uncalled for. Shows total lack of class in those that booed.
Just my humble opinion, yours?
Reg. Frank R.
I agreed. If you didn't like him,well he was leaving, like kicking someone when they are down-rather unsporting, what, what?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:41 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
""No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.""

Who'd have though it would mention slavery. And just so you know...the tune is actually an old British tune used as a drinking song called "Ode to Anacreon".

Last edited by Optimus Prime; Jan 21st 2009 at 9:48 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Nope, you got it. But he was militant... Not militant enough it turns out. BE chewed him up and spat him out. He's got a blog around somewhere.
I miss Roland...especially his picture posts. Funny guy.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by klaney2006
Can I just say as Black British woman, I find the using of the word "colored/coloured" as very demeaning and disrespectful. There's no place for it in the modern world.
FFS Then please tell us what we are supposed to call you this year and is there any chance you can all agree to stick to it?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:16 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I have the horrible feeling this one won't crawl under a rock where he belongs
I think you're wrong. Yesterday was the best day of his life and I have no doubt that within one hour of setting foot in Texas he climbing into a bottle of Old Crow, laughind hysterically and screaming "SUCKERRRR!!!" at the TV.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:45 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

I think you're wrong. Yesterday was the best day of his life and I have no doubt that within one hour of setting foot in Texas he climbing into a bottle of Old Crow, laughind hysterically and screaming "SUCKERRRR!!!" at the TV.
The next couple of weeks will be great for him; chillin' and relaxing and all that, but what is he going to do with himself after that?. After being used to being constantly under extreme stress and scrutiny for the last 8 years, he is not going to know what to do with himself.
I can see him getting under the wife's feet and irritating the hell out of her
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:56 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
The next couple of weeks will be great for him; chillin' and relaxing and all that, but what is he going to do with himself after that?. After being used to being constantly under extreme stress and scrutiny for the last 8 years, he is not going to know what to do with himself.
I can see him getting under the wife's feet and irritating the hell out of her
Maybe he'll go fishing?

Actually, he's going to go fishing, set up a "Think Tank" and write a book...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...ype-a-retiree/

"He said again that he plans to set up a think tank along with his presidential library in Dallas. He’s also going to write a book"
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:10 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Maybe he'll go fishing?

"He said again that he plans to set up a think tank along with his presidential library in Dallas. He’s also going to write a book"
. . . . and irritate the hell out of his wife!.
Thats what my dad did when he retired. My mum was so used to him being out of the house for at least 10 hours a day and then he retired and was in her face 24/7. It took her at least a couple of years to get used to it!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
That is what my brother inlaw said he wanted the shoes to fly through the air
I guess your Brother in-law is just another ill mannered yobbo.

Please don't tell us you agree with him.

Throwing shoes, is currently being used by terrorist sympathizers.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
I guess your Brother in-law is just another ill mannered yobbo.

Please don't tell us you agree with him.

Throwing shoes, is currently being used by terrorist sympathizers.
Reg. Frank R.
if someone invaded my country, and killed many many many people, made kids orphans and blew up the infrasctructure.........

then you can be damn sure he'd get more than a shoe.

terrorist sympathizers my arse.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
if someone invaded my country, and killed many many many people, made kids orphans and blew up the infrasctructure.........

then you can be damn sure he'd get more than a shoe.

terrorist sympathizers my arse.
Live with terrorists, vote for terrorists, love terrorists, whoops, die with terrorists.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:29 pm
Banned

Allserenity will become famous soon enough

Maybe he'll go fishing?

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...ype-a-retiree/

Fishing yes ! He said that humans and fish can coexist peacefully so now is the time to test the theory

There are 100,000 Iraqis who can't go fishing anymore - he should ponder that while he sits there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.